Contribute
Register

I got a Ryzen 5 4600G.. and a 4700G.

Interested in this build. Might have a chance to get a good deal on a Asus TUF B550 plus wifi II. Would this work with like @craighazan build?

Thanks
I don’t see why not!. I got a ASUS Prime 320 and 550, both worked with the ryzen APU no problems, BIOS iGFX settings seemed easier on the ASUS.

I really do think the B450 chipset is best suited for the 4700G, these are my best benches yet!. The 550 couldn't reach these numbers, even after reducing RAM on the 450 to 16 GB, it still looks smooth.

Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 9.37.20 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 9.37.31 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 9.37.42 AM.png

Minecraft looks amazing!, a couple of hangs but smooth as silk.

Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 9.57.54 AM.png

Last edited:
It's fun seeing some of the glitches that happen with the latest version of Sonoma.

glitch02.gif

Yay, my build has a reason to exist, budget AI build!. @Middleman I hope you don't mind me sharing this link you posted on AMD OS X. Here's a fun and interesting use for the 4600G and 4700G. Yes, thanks to the ability of turning this APU into 16 GB VRAM GPU through a simple BIOS setting and 32 GB RAM, (most top end cards only have 12 GB VRAM). You've got a decent AI setup that doesn't break the bank. Interesting take away from the source at tomshardware;

The Ryzen 5 4600G, which came out in 2020, is a hexa-core, 12-thread APU with Zen 2 cores that operate with a base and boost clock of 3.7 GHz and 4.2 GHz. The 65W chip also wields a Radeon Vega iGPU with seven compute units clocked up to 1.9 GHz. Remember that APUs don't have dedicated memory but share system memory. You can determine the amount of memory inside the motherboard’s BIOS. In this case, the Redditor had 32GB of DDR4 and allocated 16GB to the Ryzen 5 4600G. Typically, 16GB is the maximum amount of memory you can dedicate to the iGPU. However, some user reports claim that certain ASRock AMD motherboards allow for higher memory allocation, rumored up to 64GB.

source

I had my AMD Ryzen 5 5600G's APU working with 16GB VRAM on an Asus B550 system for a short while. Have never run any AI software, not planning to either, so wouldn't know if the APU was fully capable of what has been reported.

following this post. anyone try a dual os update with nonsupported dgpu? I'm thinking of swapping my trying the 4600g with my b550i for mac and dual boot to windows with my unsupported 6750xt. you think that will be too much? only have done with successful hackintosh (amd)

following this post. anyone try a dual os update with nonsupported dgpu? I'm thinking of swapping my trying the 4600g with my b550i for mac and dual boot to windows with my unsupported 6750xt. you think that will be too much? only have done with successful hackintosh (amd)
I'm dual booting Ventura and Windows 11 Pro on the B450 board. The only issue I could see between swapping OS would be changing BIOS settings for graphics. If BIOS is set to use dGPU for Windows, and you switched to macOS, I don't think it would fall back to iGPU, you'd have to change it every reboot.

Last edited:
I'm dual booting Ventura and Windows 11 Pro on the B450 board. The only issue I could see between swapping OS would be changing BIOS settings for graphics.
Thanks for the quick response! I'll have to look more into the performance of gaming affected then. I'm not too hardcore about optimizing performance. Think you got me sold on the 4600g. Do you think I should stick with my Gigabyte b550i mobo or would it be easier with a different board (only looking for itx)

Thanks for the quick response! I'll have to look more into the performance of gaming affected then. I'm not too hardcore about optimizing performance. Think you got me sold on the 4600g. Do you think I should stick with my Gigabyte b550i mobo or would it be easier with a different board (only looking for itx)
Stick with the B550i I would, I've tried mine on a 320, 450 and 550, your board would probably get the most out of it.

Back