Contribute
Register

I got a Ryzen 5 4600G.. and a 4700G.

@kc9hri87
I'm familiar with that verbose, Itlwm is another culprit. I reported a bug to Noot, clicking Wi-Fi in system settings would restart macOS, I can select networks from the menu bar though. We established it was probably Itlwm causing the restart, but I haven't got round to reporting it yet.

well I did some playing around the whole pci error is unavoidable evidently the bootloader was mad that there was no disk in my bdr drive... temporarily disabling my 4tb hdd and going to attempt another clean install and see what else I can do tweaking and such to the plist, unfortunately my install ssd showing as external is giving me hell to mount my esp as it won't show files so no post editing possible atm

Add Innie.kext to your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and config.plist. That will make the drive appear as internal. Plus it will make accessing the EFI partition much easier.

Add Innie.kext to your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and config.plist. That will make the drive appear as internal. Plus it will make accessing the EFI partition much easier.
Thanks, I have the kext preloaded not sure in relation it is inside the config plist... or how it should be added and where if I were to be completely honest... I spent all last night working through some EFI issues it installed to my windrive cant seem to get rid of it off there even after deleting the files was causing me grief... manually added to my mac drive cleared up some issues... rebuilt my tight system as I swapped out m.2 for the broadcom I bought... bluetooth now working however wifi shows on but doesnt show any networks very annoying... bluetooth I connected to my phone as a test even windows isn't that nice to me with bluetooth go figure... still sorting it out... lots of trial and error with the config.plist...

It is slightly worrying that you don’t understand the part that the config.plist plays with regards injecting kexts. Especially when you then say that you have been editing the config!

Your Broadcom WiFi won’t work in macOS Sonoma. This is a well known issue, only the Bluetooth works. As the whole BCN430 Family of WiFi/BT cards have been dropped by Apple.

In order for the Broadcom WiFi to work in Sonoma you need to use a new OpenCore Legacy Patcher Root Patch.

It is slightly worrying that you don’t understand the part that the config.plist plays with regards injecting kexts. Especially when you then say that you have been editing the config!

Your Broadcom WiFi won’t work in macOS Sonoma. This is a well known issue, only the Bluetooth works. As the whole BCN430 Family of WiFi/BT cards have been dropped by Apple.

In order for the Broadcom WiFi to work in Sonoma you need to use a new OpenCore Legacy Patcher Root Patch.

Yes well it is slightly worrying been able to take chunks of files and stitch them together based off whats available and whats in my system, and keep backups, I've been using proper tree (in windows) and every once in a while after so many edits it seems to corrupt the whole works, started using opencore configurator and it seems a lot more reliable

I missed this yesterday, but we have another update to NootedRed, and this one has made my OCD very happy!. 'The small cleanup' edition does exactly what it says on the tin, no more calling the 4700G an unknown prototype in Activity Monitor and GB6, Metal supported is now Metal 3 in System Info. Thanks @ExtremeXT and Noot.Inc are there other changes we should be aware of with the latest update?. You guys are Rock Stars!.

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 7.15.50 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 7.15.46 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 7.15.41 AM.png

My gob is smacked!. This is the first time I've been able to play DIRT4 on my build, averaging 30FPS!.

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 10.03.24 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 10.05.20 AM 1.png

Benches don't really tell you much, real world applications such as video games can tell you a lot!. Code Masters DIRT4 is one good example, btw Code Masters are now owned by EA Sports, the first game WRC, will be released Nov 3. If there's a Subaru and dirt involved, count me in!, this is the Ken Block of driving games, God rest your soul!. Considering I'm using a keyboard as my input device, I would consider this very playable, averaging 30 FPS with that draw distance!, is this the new budget 'Mac' gaming king?!.

Last edited:
I missed this yesterday, but we have another update to NootedRed, and this one has made my OCD very happy!. 'The small cleanup' edition does exactly what it says on the tin, no more calling the 4700G an unknown prototype in Activity Monitor and GB6, Metal supported is now Metal 3 in System Info. Thanks @ExtremeXT and Noot.Inc are there other changes we should be aware of with the latest update?. You guys are Rock Stars!.

View attachment 573177View attachment 573178View attachment 573179

Lots of updates, check the commit history.

Back