Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, Performa, Power Mac, Quadra
Mobile Phone
Android
I thought I'd go the extra mile & try a little video. Here is a quick shot after re-attaching the handle to the latching mechanism:
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llPV-zOHigM[/VIDEO]

...and even closer to the finish line:
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6kaMSfPP_A&hd=1[/VIDEO]

BoomR

Motherboard
Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
...and FINALLY!!!

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOtObwNcL9Y[/VIDEO]

Motherboard
GA Z68XP-UD3
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
AMD 6850
Mac
MacBook, Mac mini
Classic Mac
LC
Mobile Phone
iOS
BoomR said:
New York Museum of Modern Art includes a G4 Cube (plus the matching Harmon Kardon speakers) on display in their collection! WOOT! :headbang:
That's awesome. I just dug up this old cube promo ad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&featu ... -PB86oy044

It's interesting to see guys like Jonathan Ives and Phil Schiller 10+ years ago. I swear if I didn't already want almost all apple products Jonathan Ives alone could sell me on them in the 5 min he does in those videos.

BoomR

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
pwalth21 said:
It's interesting to see guys like Jonathan Ives and Phil Schiller 10+ years ago. I swear if I didn't already want almost all apple products Jonathan Ives alone could sell me on them in the 5 min he does in those videos.
AMEN to THAT! ...and of course I had to go to the Apple store yesterday to pick up the video adapter for my iPad. Got a glimpse of the new Retina Display MBP. BEAUTIFUL!

BoomR

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
BTW, note to anyone/everyone following along: I just made a quick edit to the end of Part 4 post - regarding the double 40mm exhaust fans.

beelzebozo

Super Moderator
Motherboard
Main Build: ASUS z170-Deluxe
CPU
i7 - 6700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS

BoomR

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
beelzebozo said:
Great mod BoomR! Can you post your CPU temps?

Thanks!
Thanks much! I'm still trying to get my build all dialed in. I must still need some sort of tweaking to the video settings. I'm going to start studying & searching the "Optimization" forum to see if I can get any tips.

I did a UserDSDT install last night (but no DSDT), plus audio (and nonDSDT enabler), NullCPU, FakeSMC, the SSDT for my CPU, Lnx2Mac's Ethernet, and a couple other things (that escape me now). At the gray Apple logo, it takes about 35 seconds for my Cube 2.0 to boot up. BUT if I use GraphicsEnabler=No at Chimera screen, it boots in about 5 seconds.

Gonna try a couple other things - will add the motherboard plugins & hardware monitor app the next time & then I'll be able to let you know. Stay tuned!!

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, Centris, LC, Plus, Power Mac, PowerBook, SE
Mobile Phone
iOS
Any updates? I love your mod and I want to do one of my own following yours. Have you tried ML on your board yet?

BoomR

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Any updates? I love your mod and I want to do one of my own following yours. Have you tried ML on your board yet?
Sorry for the delay in getting any additional updates. I hate it when my day-job keeps me too busy & it cuts into my CustoMac building & tonymacx86.com surfing! LOL :crazy:

CPU temps run in the high 40's to 50-51 degrees according to the hardware monitor in the menu bar. Not bad, I think!! Also, here's a link to the final build & info (now that the case mod & assembly is complete): BoomR's Cube 2.0

I'm actually going to shake the Etch-a-sketch & load ML on it very soon - I'll report back with the results as soon as I have them!

Stay tuned!!
:headbang:

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770T
Graphics
ASUS EAH6670/DIS/1GD5, Radeon HD 6670, 1GB GDDR5
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Great build. I like it! But you cheated with the polishing... mine was 100% hand work :D

BTW: I was in the MoMA and I kept an eye out for the Cube but I didn't find it :( All the long way from Germany and no Cube in the Museum... hmm.. but I have my nice little one on my desk...