Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
A while ago, my SSD failed so I had to replace it. Since then, I can't boot into the OS without the USB flash disk. Before that, I somehow managed to get it working but I don't even know how I did it. Now, I got the latest version of Clover (4392 at the time), ran it a few times, each time switching options. The attached screenshot shows the options I used the last time. No matter what I tried, I can't seem to get it working. What do I do? I also tried clicking Clover Boot Options > Add Clover boot options for all entries in USB flash.

It just dawned on me. Should I copy the config.plist from the EFI folder of my HP at home, which is also a hackintosh?
Regards,

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-02-12 09.58.05.png
    Screenshot 2018-02-12 09.58.05.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 133
Copy the plist from your USB after installling clover on your main HDD

I did that too, but let me do that once again.

...and it didn't work (again).

...and it didn't work (again).
This is a Desktop Support forum - For help with your Laptop you should post in the relevant Laptop Support forum.

Sorry, I noticed too late that I didn't mention the model name. I am asking about a desktop. Lenovo H50-50. Now that you mentioned this, my system is recognised as a MBP. Could this be relevant?

Sorry, I noticed too late that I didn't mention the model name. I am asking about a desktop.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

I've updated my preferences.

If you are able to boot from your USB installer :

Boot from your USB and when you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your SSD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your SSD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your SSD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your SSD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back