Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have been trying to install Mac OS X using an official copy of the disk that I bought, and I have tried different various boot flags, and they don't change a thing, but when I don't run a boot flag it came to the apple logo, with a disk spinning around, but nothing happened have tried waiting about 30 minutes, on main hard disk is Windows 7 Home Prem. SP 1. The other disk is empty which is the one I am installing the mac to.

System:
Processor: Intel i5-2500K Codename: Sandy Bridge CPU: 3.30GHz
Ram: 8.00GB
Motherboard: MSI P67A-G43 (MS-7673)
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770

Update:
I have just tried the I-Boot Haswell Version and it is now working.

Update 2:
Now I have gotten everything installed including the Update Helper, and I restarted the computer, and now the apple logo is frozen on the computer, with nothing happening.

Last edited:
I have been trying to install Mac OS X using an official copy of the disk that I bought, and I have tried different various boot flags, and they don't change a thing, but when I don't run a boot flag it came to the apple logo, with a disk spinning around, but nothing happened have tried waiting about 30 minutes, on main hard disk is Windows 7 Home Prem. SP 1. The other disk is empty which is the one I am installing the mac to.

System:

Update:

Update 2:
Now I have gotten everything installed including the Update Helper, and I restarted the computer, and now the apple logo is frozen on the computer, with nothing happening.

Suggest you disconnect the Win7 HDD while installing to prevent "accidents"

Is the MSI BIOS Legacy or did you update it to UEFI?
Have you created a DSDT and patched it?
Have you unlocked the MSR in BIOS with PMPatch?

Apple logo spinning is not enough info. at the chimera boot screen select OS X icon and hit down arrow key until Verbose Boot is hi-lited and hit enter.
Post pic of screen where it stops.

I did unplug the windows hdd. And as far as I know my motherboard isn't legacy. Also please read my update, I got it installed but after installing the update helper the Mac OS just stays stuck at the apple boot screen. I used the EasyBeast from the MingBeast utility as from what I have read that was the one to use for my system.

System:

Update:

Update 2:

Clarkcj

You have one of the most difficult MB to use to get OSX installed SL onto.
(Google Search) finds many issues...
So after that some questions.
In update two.
When you restarted the computer what Startup switches did you use if any, reason is that after any update that requires a reboot - we need to use the -f switch : this will force OSX to reload fresh kexts not cached ones which it keeps. This makes the boot process longer in time but we will get newer kexts loaded which is what we want.

I would also remove the HD5770 card and use only the HD3000 - and use the PCIRootUID=0 option for internal GFX.

At one point in time "samisnake" make some BIOS mods for motherboards. yours is listed; Now I am not sure if you want to use it but they do work. http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/

These have been replaced by what GB posted in his post!

In my scenario I have an ASUS MB that has one of these Modded BIOS and its working well.

What you need to know is that any BIOS update process can BRICK the motherboard. Which make the Motherboard Non operational.

So use at your own RISK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back