Contribute
Register

I am going crazy...Direct upgrade from El Capitan to HS, PLEASE HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus z170 pr gaming
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 970
As a last resort i am asking for your help guys. I am trying to upgrade from el capitan working as i write. I have the install HS partition when booting it always ends with a kernel panic and reboots. before the kernel panic and before pulling out the gt970 it used to get stuck at about 95 percent doing nothing . I have put the fakesmc and the apfs.efi (or I think i did). It is over a year from when I have last played with clover configurator and stuff so I basically don't remember anything. I really need your help desperately. I really need someone who can look into my config and tell me what steps should i follow to get HS up and running. Thanks a lot !!!

I have the install HS partition when booting it always ends with a kernel panic and reboots.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).

It gets stuck/panic at the attached step

Attachments

• 1524588850107904048577.jpg
    1524588850107904048577.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 96
When I had the gtx970 in it got stuck at the picture attached

Attachments

• IMG_20180424_160204.jpg
    IMG_20180424_160204.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 87
Anyone any advice???

Anyone any advice???

• The verbose Boot screen shows Graphics related Freeze from PCIE NVIDIA GTX 970 Graphics card.
  • Remove your Nvidia GTX 970 Graphics card from PCIE Slot.
  • Connect the Monitor to HDMI of Integrated intel HD 530 associated with your CPU Intel i7 6700K.
  • On reboot go to BIOS and change the Initial Display from PCIE to IGFX.
  • Set DVMT Pre-Allocated Memory to 128M (or at least 64M)
  • Make your USB installer Disk first Boot option and Disable any there devices from that list
  • Save BIOS Settings and Reboot to reach Clover Boot Manager(CBM) Screen
  • In CBM screen , scroll down to Options >
    • Boot Args: and type: -v dart=0 -disablegfxfirmware
    • Graphics Injector->
      • [√]InjectIntel
      • FakeId =0x59128086
      • *-platform-id=0x59120000
    • Return to CBM screen
  • Boot the USB Installer disk
  • Take photos of any Problem verbose screen to upload.

Attachments

• 1.Graphics Related Freeze.png
    1.Graphics Related Freeze.png
    979.4 KB · Views: 98
  • The verbose Boot screen shows Graphics related Freeze from PCIE NVIDIA GTX 970 Graphics card.
  • Remove your Nvidia GTX 970 Graphics card from PCIE Slot.
  • Connect the Monitor to HDMI of Integrated intel HD 530 associated with your CPU Intel i7 6700K.
  • On reboot go to BIOS and change the Initial Display from PCIE to IGFX.
  • Set DVMT Pre-Allocated Memory to 128M (or at least 64M)
  • Make your USB installer Disk first Boot option and Disable any there devices from that list
  • Save BIOS Settings and Reboot to reach Clover Boot Manager(CBM) Screen
  • In CBM screen , scroll down to Options >
    • Boot Args: and type: -v dart=0 -disablegfxfirmware
    • Graphics Injector->
      • [√]InjectIntel
      • FakeId =0x59128086
      • *-platform-id=0x59120000
    • Return to CBM screen
  • Boot the USB Installer disk
  • Take photos of any Problem verbose screen to upload.
Thanks for your answer, will try it in a few hours. The first time I tried with the gtx970 out of the case I got a kernel panic. You can see my reply before the kextd stall stuff. Can you decrypt that also please???

Thanks for your answer, will try it in a few hours. The first time I tried with the gtx970 out of the case I got a kernel panic. You can see my reply before the kextd stall stuff. Can you decrypt that also please???
Are you referring to the 3 lines above the Red Rectangle I had drawn to show what I think is the problem?
If that is what you meant, I believe CLOVER bootloader is struggling to find the right kext for your Nvidia GTX 970 [ which should come from Nvidia Webdriver later when you install that on HDD before reinserting the removed PCIE card along with special kexts like Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in CLOVER/kexts/Other and also in Library/Extensions folders , the latter using Kext Wizard-like Tools and then changing BIOS options to use Nvidia PCIE] and complaining before it eventually freezes at the Red arrow on the edited screen.

Are you referring to the 3 lines above the Red Rectangle I had drawn to show what I think is the problem?
If that is what you meant, I believe CLOVER bootloader is struggling to find the right kext for your Nvidia GTX 970 [ which should come from Nvidia Webdriver later when you install that on HDD before reinserting the removed PCIE card along with special kexts like Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in CLOVER/kexts/Other and also in Library/Extensions folders , the latter using Kext Wizard-like Tools and then changing BIOS options to use Nvidia PCIE] and complaining before it eventually freezes at the Red arrow on the edited screen.
No, I refer to an earlier answer I think you missed. The first answer to my problem had a reply when I had the gtx970 pulled out and got a kernel panic.

Attachments

• IMG_20180424_185231.jpg
    IMG_20180424_185231.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 86
No, I refer to an earlier answer I think you missed. The first answer to my problem had a reply when I had the gtx970 pulled out and got a kernel panic.
KP is the most difficult problem to diagnose if there is no BackTrace in the Panic screen pointing toward a kext.
The image you have uploaded has no clue to the cause of why the System Panicked.
This early in boot , it is often related to an incompatible hardware or a file in CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder that cannot move the booting any farther. I know this is not an answer anyone wants to read as it is a way of saying I don't know the real cause.
Your previous El Capitan system disk itself can cause this issue when the USB installer scans that during boot and some files in it can lead to a KP.

If I encounter this I will try to make the system as lean as possible with just the target Hard disk, preferably a blank one, just the Keyboard/Mouse and Installer Flash disk in USB ports and Ethernet cable to Ethernet Port as peripherals and the MoBo/CPU/RAM/Graphics and Monitor connected to the Graphics card. Your Windows hard disk, Linux Disk, earlier versions of OS X disk must all be disconnected from the MoBo to avoid them becoming sources of KP of Unknown cause!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back