Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all.

I have ditched my Nvidia GTX970 and now run a Sapphire RX580 NITRO+ 8GB OC which is working perfectly in Sierra 10.13.1.
I want to start playing around with openCL and the 36 GPU units... but HWmonitor doesn't (yet?) support the GPU and I wan't to make sure it is not overheating.

Is there any app out there that supports this GPU, and or is there a way to get the HWmonitor (Version 6.26-322-g1b20eab7.1765) to work with this GPU?

Is anyone working on updating HWmonitor for the later AMD GPU's?

FWIW I'm very happy with the RX580, it's glitch free so far and has not caused me any issues and sleep is working.

Jim

Hi all.

I have ditched my Nvidia GTX970 and now run a Sapphire RX580 NITRO+ 8GB OC which is working perfectly in Sierra 10.13.1.
I want to start playing around with openCL and the 36 GPU units... but HWmonitor doesn't (yet?) support the GPU and I wan't to make sure it is not overheating.

Is there any app out there that supports this GPU, and or is there a way to get the HWmonitor (Version 6.26-322-g1b20eab7.1765) to work with this GPU?

Is anyone working on updating HWmonitor for the later AMD GPU's?

FWIW I'm very happy with the RX580, it's glitch free so far and has not caused me any issues and sleep is working.

Jim

@jb007 Did you ever get this figured out?

Last edited:
I would like to buy an Rx 580 nitro+
Do u use photoshop? Lr !?
I use those apps...
Any info about that !?

Sorry for late reply, been in hospital...

No I don't use Photoshop, I mainly use hack for software & hardware development. l just wanted a fast gfx card for playing with OpenCL, BOINC etc.

@jb007 Did you ever get this figured out?

No, haven't looked further (see above) hoping it will eventually be updated for these cards. I'll report back here if I find anything more.

Last edited:
Hi. Has anyone managed to get an app (preferably HWMonitor) to display AMD RX 580 GPU Temps and Fan speeds yet? If so could you share info/how to?

I'm interested in the same. Just swapped out my old GTX 770 4GB for an RX 570 4GB. No sensors listed.

I'm interested in the same. Just swapped out my old GTX 770 4GB for an RX 570 4GB. No sensors listed.

This is all sorted now, see maojinbing's link to the HWSensors that now support this GPU. Temp is working, but no fan speed yet... or I can't see how to get it going.
HWSensors GPU Die.png

This is all sorted now, see maojinbing's link to the HWSensors that now support this GPU. Temp is working, but no fan speed yet... or I can't see how to get it going.
View attachment 320696

Thanks for the updates. I was searching the forums yesterday but I guess the fix was lost in the thousands of messages about blank screens :) . I'll try this later tonight. My Time Machine backup drive happened to be on its way out so I also swapped in a new HD and am currently waiting for a backup to complete. Thanks again!

All good and iStat menus shows GPU Temp. Hopefully we can get frequency and fan speed in the future like I used to get with my Nvidia card. But for now this is better than nothing!
Untitled.jpg

All good and iStat menus shows GPU Temp. Hopefully we can get frequency and fan speed in the future like I used to get with my Nvidia card. But for now this is better than nothing!
View attachment 320826

Could you share your EFI ?

I simply can’t get the GPU processor to show, running above package + being on clover 2.4

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back