Contribute
Register

HWmonitor GPU Temps and AMD RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you running without any other sensor kexts? I had to remove all other sensor kexts - and atm. im not running Whatevergreen, lilu, shiki either.

Also somehow a FakeSMC got it’s way into S/L/E, which I removed.

No. I did not try with the other sensor kexts removed.

I do not have WhateverGreen.kext, but I do have Lilu.kext and Shiki.kext.

All my hackintosh related kexts are in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

I'm not ready to give up the other sensors to get the GPU sensor working... I'll just wait and hope for an update that will get it all working together.

Yeah, I think we just have to wait for updated sensor software. Thanks. Get well soon.
Thanks, back home now... just a chest pain, but had to have it checked out... better safe than sorry!

Maybe if you ask the developers of HWMonitor if they are working on the Vega series of cards?

Thanks, back home now... just a chest pain, but had to have it checked out... better safe than sorry!

Maybe if you ask the developers of HWMonitor if they are working on the Vega series of cards?

I'm confident that the devs will add support for Vega since there seems to be an increasing number of people using them.

Just an observation with my system and the new HWSensors package HWSensors.V6.26-1464.EFI.zip package.

• I originally installed (manually copied the files to Clover/Other) the HWSensors package that has the updated Polaris GPU Temp from this package: HWSensors.6.26-21-gddf53ec1.1464.Binaries.dmg.zip
  • All was well, I verified that my RX 580 GPU temp was showing in the HWMonitor program.
  • A few days ago I removed all of the Sensors from my Clover/Other directory and reinstated the FakeSMC.kext from Multibeast, as I was investigating some other issues I was having with lock-ups etc.
  • Today, I reinstalled using the HWSensors package HWSensors.V6.26-1464.EFI.zip package.
  • It only installed a new FakeSMC.kext in my Clover/Others folder, and HWMonitor did not show any sensors, including the AMD GPU Die sensor (the Holy Grail!).
  • So, I copied all off the xxxSensors.kext's from the HWSensors.6.26-21-gddf53ec1.1464.Binaries.dmg.zip and used the newer FakeSMC.kext from the updated HWSensors.V6.26-1464.EFI.zip package.
  • You beauty! Now have GPU Die showing in both HWMonitor and iStats Menu.
Questions:
  1. Why does the older package install the FakeSMC.kext and all of the xxxSensor.kext's, but the new one only the FakeSMC.kext?
  2. Am I misunderstanding something?
  3. I'd assume (dangerous I know!) that the HWSensors.V6.26-1464.EFI.zip package should have all of the xxxSensors.kext's in it!
  4. Could this be the reason others are having problems?
  5. Did the packager of the HWSensors.V6.26-1464.EFI.zip package forget to add the xxxSensor.kext's?
This is my current Clover/Others directory that is working with the HWMonitor iStats Menu apps.
Code:
i7:Other jb$ pwd && ls -l
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
total 5
drwxrwxrwx@ 1 jb  staff  512 13 Mar 10:58 ACPISensors.kext
drwxrwxrwx@ 1 jb  staff  512 13 Mar 10:58 CPUSensors.kext
drwxrwxrwx  1 jb  staff  512  4 Apr 09:13 FakeSMC.kext
drwxrwxrwx@ 1 jb  staff  512 13 Mar 10:58 GPUSensors.kext
drwxrwxrwx@ 1 jb  staff  512 13 Mar 10:58 LPCSensors.kext

I've attached the two HWSensors packages.

Attachments

• HWSensors.6.26-21-gddf53ec1.1464.Binaries.dmg.zip
    159.8 KB · Views: 192
  • HWSensors.V6.26-1464.EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 213
I just tried the branch of FakeSMC and sensors that you linked to. Unfortunately, still no "GPU die" and no readings from my Vega 56 at all. I tried with and without CSM enabled in BIOS.

I was able to get my Vega 64 temp working with an unsupported (here at T86) CPU system. Slice the legend did testing at another site. There is a special version for AMD cards that works for GPU die temp.

Just an observation with my system and the new HWSensors package HWSensors.V6.26-1464.EFI.zip package.

• I originally installed (manually copied the files to Clover/Other) the HWSensors package that has the updated Polaris GPU Temp from this package: HWSensors.6.26-21-gddf53ec1.1464.Binaries.dmg.zip
  • All was well, I verified that my RX 580 GPU temp was showing in the HWMonitor program.
  • A few days ago I removed all of the Sensors from my Clover/Other directory and reinstated the FakeSMC.kext from Multibeast, as I was investigating some other issues I was having with lock-ups etc.
  • Today, I reinstalled using the HWSensors package HWSensors.V6.26-1464.EFI.zip package.
  • It only installed a new FakeSMC.kext in my Clover/Others folder, and HWMonitor did not show any sensors, including the AMD GPU Die sensor (the Holy Grail!).
  • So, I copied all off the xxxSensors.kext's from the HWSensors.6.26-21-gddf53ec1.1464.Binaries.dmg.zip and used the newer FakeSMC.kext from the updated HWSensors.V6.26-1464.EFI.zip package.
Questions:
  1. Why does the older package install the FakeSMC.kext and all of the xxxSensor.kext's, but the new one only the FakeSMC.kext?
  3. I'd assume (dangerous I know!) that the HWSensors.V6.26-1464.EFI.zip package should have all of the xxxSensors.kext's in it!
  5. Did the packager of the HWSensors.V6.26-1464.EFI.zip package forget to add the xxxSensor.kext's?
This is my current Clover/Others directory that is working with the HWMonitor iStats Menu apps.
Code:
total 5

The version HWSensors.V6.26-1464.EFI that was done by chris1111 at insanelymac actually puts the sensor kext as PLUGINS into the FakeSMC.kext and with that package, you have to manually choose the sensors.
I ran that package and though I chose the all the sensors and they were installed into "Others" folder (as plugins to FakeSMC), the HWMonitor App was missing - it deleted the old one but did not replace it wit the new one. I had to run the installer again and the App appeared and all is working fine.
I reported this to chris1111 but he could reproduce the problem.

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I have gpu die under HWmonitor. I have a very novice question but is GPU Die for the IGPU or dGPU?

Questions:
Code:
total 5

Hello - what are you currently using to get access to CPU/GPU temps and be able to control fan speeds? Cheers

Hello - what are you currently using to get access to CPU/GPU temps and be able to control fan speeds? Cheers

Hi @Murmur2k. Sorry for late reply, but you can find the RehabMan versions here.

Also in the Multibeast app, it also has them in the drivers section from memory.

I use the iStats Menu to show the temps etc, but the HWMonitor app is also in the linked drivers. To my knowledege the fan speeds are not monitored and there is no app to control them ATM. Others might know different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back