Contribute
Register

Huge News! Gigabyte UEFI Sleep/Wake with NO DSDT! [TESTING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the record, how did you fix your Unibeast issues? borrow another machine? remake the drive?

anyhow, vga will not work nicely, and might —maybe— work if you put lots of effort into it, see [success] vga port fix for intel hd 3000.

personally, the *only* way I've gotten audio to work is by using multi beast to install (only) apple HDA rollback & 887/888b non dsdt enabler (if you installed anything else, be sure to remove it first. do not install alc8xxhda.kext). then install the ALC887HDA.kext found earlier in this thread (at least, I think that is the one I installed... if not, I can post it). easy way is to use kextbeast to install... just put the next on your desktop, and run kextbeast. Then run the system utilities in multibeast.

There are different ways to try and get full graphics acceleration, which it sounds like you don't have. Is your menubar at the top translucent (partially showing the desktop behind it)? if not, QE/CI are not enabled. try:

1) booting w/o kernel cache (worked for my hdmi output, dvi I'm not sure)
2) booting with 32-bit kernel (less than ideal, but this seemed to work for dvi output)
* 1&2 are easily accomplished using chameleon wizard
3) using this fix here: QE/CI enabling reportedly working here: GA-Z77-DS3H + i7-2600K, 10.7.3, can't get QE with HD3000, and referenced earlier in this thread (this did nothing for me)
4) this fix here: QE/CI with HD3000 on series 7 mainboards (have not tried)

edit: my i3 2125 gets 7138 geek bench, so that score doesn't sounds particularly unreasonable (I don't think?).

Also, did you fix speed stepping in 10.7.4? Install the core i5 SSDT (customization> boot options> SSDT) & remove generate P states from the boot.plist.

bluskale said:
2) booting with 32-bit kernel (less than ideal, but this seemed to work for dvi output)

Booting with 32-bit kernel is only thing that works for me so far. #1 fails to load for me. GE=NO and setting resolution to 120x1080x32 is MUCH faster to boot (no DRMStatus errors) but not ideal either. I can't wait for my GFX card to arrive. o_O

//edit Geekbench crashes for me also. Hmmmmm.

scottphillips88 said:
bluskale said:
for the record, how did you fix your Unibeast issues? borrow another machine? remake the drive?

anyhow, vga will not work nicely, and might —maybe— work if you put lots of effort into it, see [success] vga port fix for intel hd 3000.

personally, the *only* way I've gotten audio to work is by using multi beast to install (only) apple HDA rollback & 887/888b non dsdt enabler (if you installed anything else, be sure to remove it first. do not install alc8xxhda.kext). then install the ALC887HDA.kext found earlier in this thread (at least, I think that is the one I installed... if not, I can post it). easy way is to use kextbeast to install... just put the next on your desktop, and run kextbeast. Then run the system utilities in multibeast.

There are different ways to try and get full graphics acceleration, which it sounds like you don't have. Is your menubar at the top translucent (partially showing the desktop behind it)? if not, QE/CI are not enabled. try:

* 1&2 are easily accomplished using chameleon wizard
3) using this fix here: QE/CI enabling reportedly working here: GA-Z77-DS3H + i7-2600K, 10.7.3, can't get QE with HD3000, and referenced earlier in this thread (this did nothing for me)
4) this fix here: QE/CI with HD3000 on series 7 mainboards (have not tried)

edit: my i3 2125 gets 7138 geek bench, so that score doesn't sounds particularly unreasonable (I don't think?).

Also, did you fix speed stepping in 10.7.4? Install the core i5 SSDT (customization> boot options> SSDT) & remove generate P states from the boot.plist.

Very useful post. Thank you very much. However, I'm unsure how to remove patches with multibeast. installing is fine but I don't know how to toss some of them that I don't want as you mentioned with audio.

Also how do you boot into a 32-bit kernal? I am using DVI as my main screen. Was wanting to use VGA as secondary but sounds like it's not worth the hassle.

Are my audio and video problems solved MUCH easier by just buying a graphics card and an audio card? That's fine with me...Also I read that easybeast was updated to have full support of this board, can I just check that and restart and see if anything is better? It seems I need to know how to remove stuff before I keep adding my stuff... Sorry for n00b-ness o_O

to get hd3000 working follow this link: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=61821

to get sound working follow this link: http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=59061

my multibeast settings for DS3H, 2500k:

user DSDT (no DSDT file)
system utilities
3rd party SATA kext
FakeSMC
FakeSMC plugins
Maolj's Atheros
Mac Mini definition

scottphillips88 said:
You sir are the MAN. I just dumped that graphics kext on my desktop and ran kextbeast. viola graphics working great and my top bar is translucent! I did the same with the audio kext (there were actually 3 different ones) none of them worked. Still no audio :( At this point I have installed 5+ different audio patches and I'm sure I need to delete some of them but don't know how to actually get rid of patches. Only 1 baby step away from a fully working MAC! yippee!

:thumbup:

you made sure to get rid of all the ALC---.kexts AND the HDAEnabler---.kexts before trying each method? Are you running the system utilities in multibeast each time you screw with kexts? It is my understanding that can be important.

I have the same motherboard, different processor, but that shouldn't matter. These are the relevant kexts I have installed that result in the rear audio working fine (although it does give a 'pop' through the speakers when a sound is played and no audio has gone through for a while before that— hasn't bothered me enough to look into it, but this might not be the optimal setup). Be sure to actually go in system preferences and set your sound output to the 1st line out for getting audio out your rear audio port.

edit: also, the system utilities in multi beast should be rebuilding the kext cache, even though it doesn't say that in the UI.

Attachments

• 887_hda_kexts.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back