Contribute
Register

Huge News! Gigabyte UEFI Sleep/Wake with NO DSDT! [TESTING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DudeNamedDave said:
Does that mean I can buy any Gigabyte Mobo and simply use that thing for sound?

yes, you can buy any motherboard and this soundcard should work, plug n play
Just go to Sound in System Preferences and change the Output to the X Fi Go Pro USB device.

miquedique said:
DudeNamedDave said:
Does that mean I can buy any Gigabyte Mobo and simply use that thing for sound?

yes, you can buy any motherboard and this soundcard should work, plug n play
Just go to Sound in System Preferences and change the Output to the X Fi Go Pro USB device.
Perfect! Thanks bro :headbang:

Jamesbond007 said:
miquedique said:
For all that have audio problems, for 30$ you can buy this card: http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Soundbla ... B0044DEDC0

it works perfectly

I have the Creative X-Fi Surround which also work as a USB audio device under Snow Leopard and Lion : http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Soundbla ... y_e_text_b

But it is more expensive than the X-Fi Go! Pro you listed.
I read somewhere that some features of the X-Fi Surround do not work under lion such as the volume knob. Is that right?

DudeNamedDave said:
I read somewhere that some features of the X-Fi Surround do not work under lion such as the volume knob. Is that right?

Yes, the volume knob does not work. But I don't consider this a problem as it is expected (the thing is designed to work under Windows) and also because my speakers have a volume control themselves.

Can someone help me out perhaps? I did a User DSDT install with no DSDT on the desktop, set bios correctly etc all with a 2600k and Z77-DS3H.... problem is that when I tell the system to sleep, the system only sleeps for 10secs and then wakes up, also if I shut the system down, it does a restart instead? Everything else is working great. I'm in 10.7.4, and I'm switching between HD3000 and an old 8800gt gfx card... any advice?

Is there any recommendation for this board as far as the i7 3770 vs. the 3770k?

I have been having trouble with my board where i was having constant KP's with 16gig (2x8g) ram installed, both in OSX and windows (constant BSOD with memory_managment warnings), but no issues with just one 8gig (either stick).

I have found on a site some people recommending to set the base clock to 100.1 instead of auto or 100 and that seems to have solved my KP problems although running memtest inside OSX i still get some failures (memtest86+ from a USB drive showed no errors after hours of running multiple passes).

Also suggested is that F8 bios has helped so i'm gonna try go up to that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back