Contribute
Register

Huge News! Gigabyte UEFI Sleep/Wake with NO DSDT! [TESTING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
brycv said:
brycv said:
thelostswede said:
Support for up to three displays with an Ivy Bridge CPU - not tested as we don't have a CPU at hand and either which way, there are no motherboards with two DisplayPort outputs, so it won't work with more than two either which way, as at least two of the displays have to be connected over DisplayPort if you want to use three displays

Did you find this in chipset docs? I was hoping a board with DP, DVI, and HDMI could support three monitors with an Ivy Bridge CPU.

I just located information on this here:

http://vr-zone.com/articles/most-deskto ... 15407.html

It's not an issue for either the Asus Sabertooth Z77 (on order) or the Asus Maximus V Gene (might order soon) since they have one DisplayPort and one HDMI output. Hopefully boards down the road will support two DP and HDMI or DVI. I was hoping the Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe (will order as soon as available) would support three monitors however but DP/DVI/HDMI will not work apparently.

You could get a DisplayPort splitter, but you'd be limited to 1920x1200 on each of the DP displays and splitters are still quite expensive.

MicMak said:
thelostswede said:
They have additional high-end models coming, we know for a fact that they're working on a version with Thunderbolt, but we have no details on it. The only company that has showed off a Thunderbolt board is MSI, but it won't be available for quite some time yet.
Sadly the G1.Sniper 3 won't work if you want to use the onboard audio, but the secondary Ethernet adapter should work just fine, as it's an Intel chip, whereas the primary one is a Killer NIC, albeit a new version that is quite different from the previous ones.
As to which one will be better, well, that's really hard to say and it depends on which features, what size board and what not you're looking for.

I did a quick Google search when you mentioned this and saw some articles that suggested Gigabyte would release these in April 2012. These reports were 3-4 months old. I dunno if you have more up to date information about Gigabyte's inclusion of thunderbolt, but I would think it's unlikely we'd see these boards until summer, unless it's common for mobo manufactures to release new boards every few weeks.

We'll let you know when we find out, but right now we don't have any information as to when these boards will be available. It's possible that they'll launch them at Computex which is a big trade show that takes place in Taiwan in the beginning of June.

philz said:
Jumping in with an odd question:

Due to Gigabytes archaic RMA process (You have to go threw the vendor, which I am not in the same state as anymore).

Should I get the UD5H Z77 as a replacement for my fubared board? Or another of the same?

Still need to do some testing to make sure it's a bad PCIE 16x slot, but pretty sure it is...

Normally if sleep/wake work (and amazingly without a DSDT) then that's a problem free board...! Is it working from energy saver or just manually?

I know Z77 is the chipset in the upcoming macs, no question there.

It'd just be a motherboard swap for me :/

Apple is actually more likely to use the H77 chipset than the Z77, as they don't have any desktops at this price point with dual graphics card support.

thunderbolt.png

thelostswede said:
Apple is actually more likely to use the H77 chipset than the Z77, as they don't have any desktops at this price point with dual graphics card support.

And the dual graphic support on Z77 it's not the only difference. On H77 you don#t have support for overclocking.

Then, it doesn't worth to go on H77 from Z68 because you lose the overclocking support on the H77 chip. And the main reason I would go to Z77 is the native support for Power Management and USB 3 combined with overclocking support, offered also in Z68.

I just hope they will go with Z77, otherwise I'll choose Z68, maybe Gigabyte will upgrade to EFI, so we can have native Power Management on Z68 mobos.

randyfatar said:
thelostswede said:

And the dual graphic support on Z77 it's not the only difference. On H77 you don#t have support for overclocking.

Then, it doesn't worth to go on H77 from Z68 because you lose the overclocking support on the H77 chip. And the main reason I would go to Z77 is the native support for Power Management and USB 3 combined with overclocking support, offered also in Z68.

I just hope they will go with Z77, otherwise I'll choose Z68, maybe Gigabyte will upgrade to EFI, so we can have native Power Management on Z68 mobos.

It doesn't matter what Apple uses, the matter of a fact is that the current iMac uses the H67 chipset, but the Z68, P67 and H61 works just fine. The important thing is support for the chipset family, which is highly likely.

correct me if im wrong, as for GA-Z77X-UD5H it uses alc898 so that means only voodoo audio as solution?

thelostswede said:
It doesn't matter what Apple uses, the matter of a fact is that the current iMac uses the H67 chipset, but the Z68, P67 and H61 works just fine. The important thing is support for the chipset family, which is highly likely.

Ahaa !

ALC 898 is actually working longer than a week on my GA-X79-UD5 thanks to mailorderbride and toleda...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back