CPU
i5 2500K - 4.3GHz
Graphics
XFX HD 6870 1 GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
bluskale said:
it is really hard to see HW monitor report anything other than the highest or lowest states.

grab MSRDumper from the following link (remove underscore so it is insanely mac . com), and use their instructions to load it temporarily:

http://www.insanelymac_.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=258612

Just tried it and I only get the 16x and 42x multipliers but now I'm able to do this with the MacPro3.1 system after someone helped set up a proper DSDT for me.

Attachments

• DSDT-GA-Z77-DS3H.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 75
Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-V LK
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
XFX HD6870 1GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does auto sleep work on this board?
I have sleep / wake working but on auto sleep, the monitor turns off but the fan still turns. when I press mouse, it wakes the monitor and the computer is still on as it never went to sleep.

Also, I have external HDD showing "disk not properly ejected" on wake after sleep, then it connects to the HDD again. Does anyone have similar issue or is it something I should tweak in bios setting?

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
Graphics
640GT
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks Macsure and bluskale for your help, anything you come up with would be much appreciated. I ended up installing Windows 7 tonight and sleep is working perfectly in Windows 7... so I'm pretty sure now that my motherboard is not defective. I guess this board might have a few more things that need ironing out, but it seems I'm the only one with the sleep problems, if anyone thinks of anything that would help me out- I'm all ears!!!

Motherboard
Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
RX 580
did anyone found a solution for wake from sleep network problem? I can't see any users or printers connected to network after waking up from sleep

ds3h / maojl's atheros

Motherboard
Z77-DS3H
CPU
i3 2120
Graphics
MSI 480 Armor 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just tried it and I only get the 16x and 42x multipliers but now I'm able to do this with the MacPro3.1 system after someone helped set up a proper DSDT for me.

Did you ever try installing the i5 SSDT, changing your chameleon boot file to remove the part about 'Generate P-states', and not using the DSDT all at the same time? That would essentially be how my system is working atm (although with machine macmini def)... you're in 10.7.4 right?

as for the other issues (networking / sleep & shutdown), I'm not sure where to start with those...

Motherboard
MacPro 3.1
CPU
i5 2500K - 4.3GHz
Graphics
XFX HD 6870 1 GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I'm using the overclocked SSDT from MultiBeast. I need the DSDT for the Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA. I tried changing Generate P-states to no I was stuck at 16x.

After reinstalling the SSDT and and changing Generate P-states back to yes, I'm still stuck at 16x. :banghead: :banghead:

Motherboard
Z77-DS3H
CPU
i3 2120
Graphics
MSI 480 Armor 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
so none of the other audio methods work for you? Well anyway, is your DSDT also defining your P-states? (tbh, I haven't learned how to read / edit DSDTs yet) If it is, you might try removing both the SSDT and the GeneratePStates line. Alternatively, try without the DSDT as I suggested a few posts ago, and see if the issue might be within your DSDT. I believe that defining P-states more than once screws things up.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Any advantages of using this DS3H over the UD5H ? For IB/Lion of course.....

Motherboard
ML 10.8.1
CPU
i5 2500K
Graphics
ATI 6870 BE
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I don't boot into Windows very often but when I do I always check Gigabyte for updates and I just noticed a new BIOS is available.

MOBO: GA-Z68X-UD3H
BIOS: U1h(UEFI BIOS)

Is it safe to update, and can/should I remove my current F12 DSDT and any additional kexts I have in extra/extensions?

Status
Not open for further replies.