Contribute
Register

Huge News! Gigabyte UEFI Sleep/Wake with NO DSDT! [TESTING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using the overclocked SSDT from MultiBeast. I need the DSDT for the Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA. I tried changing Generate P-states to no I was stuck at 16x.

After reinstalling the SSDT and and changing Generate P-states back to yes, I'm still stuck at 16x. :banghead: :banghead:

so none of the other audio methods work for you? Well anyway, is your DSDT also defining your P-states? (tbh, I haven't learned how to read / edit DSDTs yet) If it is, you might try removing both the SSDT and the GeneratePStates line. Alternatively, try without the DSDT as I suggested a few posts ago, and see if the issue might be within your DSDT. I believe that defining P-states more than once screws things up.

Any advantages of using this DS3H over the UD5H ? For IB/Lion of course.....

I don't boot into Windows very often but when I do I always check Gigabyte for updates and I just noticed a new BIOS is available.

MOBO: GA-Z68X-UD3H
BIOS: U1h(UEFI BIOS)

Is it safe to update, and can/should I remove my current F12 DSDT and any additional kexts I have in extra/extensions?

Just flashed My GA-Z68XP-UD4 to the latest UEFI Beta BIOS (U1b) and the difference is night and day!

The Following items now work OOTB with no DSDT!
Native Speedstepping with Multibeast SSDT
No Kernel Panic on AICPM.kext
Hard Drives show as Internal without IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
Sleep & Wake functionality
Boot Times have decreased considerably. Near instant on if you are using SSD and KernelCache
Overall system responsiveness (particularly the UI) is much smoother (using GTX570 w/ NVIDIA Quadro Drivers)

Needed to Patch AppleHDA and install ethernet kexts, everything else just works...

awsm said:
I don't boot into Windows very often but when I do I always check Gigabyte for updates and I just noticed a new BIOS is available.

MOBO: GA-Z68X-UD3H
BIOS: U1h(UEFI BIOS)

Is it safe to update, and can/should I remove my current F12 DSDT and any additional kexts I have in extra/extensions?

If I were you I would wait until the release version of the UEFI BIOS is released before thinking of updating. This is a beta (test) version and it may have unknown bugs. Do you want to be a beta tester for Gigabyte?

I would also want to ascertain if there is a way to revert to the old BIOS if the UEFI BIOS has problems before considering whether to update.

The motherboard I am using apparently also has a beta UEFI BIOS available, and I won't consider updating before I have a clear answer to the above.

Jamesbond007 said:

I didn't realise it was a beta at first as they normally say so on the DL page but then saw it on the forums in the beta thread after so I think you're right about waiting for the proper release.

I'll also probably wait for Mountain Lion as well now and then flash to the new BIOS before doing a fresh install. But all this OOB no DSDT stuff is pretty exciting :)

thelostswede said:
Ok, we found a "small" problem and we've already solved it.
It turns out the 2500K CPU's we were using got stuck at 1.61GHz, or 16x multiplier.
To solve this you have to go into the Advanced CPU Core Features in the UEFI and enable Intel Turbo Boost Technology and CPU EIST Function. I.e. these two options have to be set to Enable, not Auto.
Doing this enables speed step, but the CPU doesn't appear to want to go any slower than 1.61GHz, although I saw it hit 3.41GHz in Turbo mode.

Quick question...I'm on a 2500k on the GA-Z77X-UD5H. Do you have to turn on the Intel Turbo Boost for *each* core? I ask because in the UEFI/BIOS it has a top level that I set to Enable but the cores were all still set at Auto. Could that be why I only see these PStates with the i5 SSDT?

Code:
kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 17 34

If you could post your GA-Z77X-UD5H UEFI/BIOS settings, it'd be much appreciated. :)

Also, what are your Geekbench scores? I can't break 9850 with 16gb RAM. Tried with both DSDT & without, no difference.

thelostswede said:
I've taken that system apart now, as I'm using the board with a 3770K now.
The only two settings I had to enabled are mentioned in my previous post.

Thx for the quick reply. Have you got any Geekbench scores for the 3770k? That's the proc I'm looking to upgrade to. Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back