Contribute
Register

Huge News! Gigabyte UEFI Sleep/Wake with NO DSDT! [TESTING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
philz said:
synnys said:
why not? i thought this community was all about sharing!

I hope someone will step up and just share the kernel then...

anyway, i'll get my 3570k this afternoon, i'll try to install lion. will post my experience.
probably a frustrated one where i'll end up installing windows for the meantime :(

See below:

samisnake said:
randyfatar said:
if you read at the bottom of that post it says:
"Because there are no Macs yet with Ivy Bridge, the tipster had to use a modified kernel to boot."

nothing in this thread is about ivy bridge. ivy bridge cpus havent been released yet on apple products.
once apple includes support for ivy, then itll be time to use them.

as for the mobos, tony and the thelostswede are using sandy bridge cpus on their panther point z77 boards.

It simply does not exist in the "stock" way things are done here :) Wait for Ivy Bridge mac's or get the kernel elsewhere.

Patched Kernel for Ivy Bridge CPUs [TESTERS NEEDED!]
viewtopic.php?f=277&t=58087

:thumbup: :thumbup:

stalov2012 said:
GA-Z77M-D3H + i5-2500K

1. I Changed to Mac Mini (Multi beast) ,the performance is NO better-very show Intel HD Graphics 3000(512mb-8gb ram).
2.Realtek ALC 887 doesn't working with ALC8xxHDA/AppleHDA rollback(MultiBeast)

PLEASE HELP :banghead: :banghead:

Did you use the non-DSDT enabler for ALC887 or use a modified AppleHDA from toleda? You need to use one of those two if you don't have a DSDT.

wfj said:
Philz,

Quick question for you...Do you lose ethernet after waking from sleep with your UD5H?

Nope, I use the Atheroes NIC and not the Intel NIC. Which one are you using? I did have some potential issues with the Intel but haven't changed since going to the Atheroes NIC. There is still the ever so slight lag of reacquiring DHCP settings but that's not eve 1 second long after waking. Real mac's do the same!

philz said:
wfj said:
Philz,

Quick question for you...Do you lose ethernet after waking from sleep with your UD5H?

Nope, I use the Atheroes NIC and not the Intel NIC. Which one are you using? I did have some potential issues with the Intel but haven't changed since going to the Atheroes NIC. There is still the ever so slight lag of reacquiring DHCP settings but that's not eve 1 second long after waking. Real mac's do the same!

I'm currently testing out an MSI Z77A-GD65 (will do a write up shortly) and it has intel 82579V lan. Sleep works except I lose the lan on wakeup. If you get a chance, please see if you can replicate so I know whether it's intel lan specific. Thanks!

wfj said:
I'm currently testing out an MSI Z77A-GD65 (will do a write up shortly) and it has intel 82579V lan. Sleep works except I lose the lan on wakeup. If you get a chance, please see if you can replicate so I know whether it's intel lan specific. Thanks!

Well that's the exact issue I was having with the Intel LAN. I could force it back to working by removing it from system preferences, hitting apply, then adding it back. I'll check if it's changed now with a DSDT that's edited–though that's just for sound.

I'll update this post when I get home.

philz said:
wfj said:

Well that's the exact issue I was having with the Intel LAN. I could force it back to working by removing it from system preferences, hitting apply, then adding it back. I'll check if it's changed now with a DSDT that's edited–though that's just for sound.

I'm going to try the latest kext from here and see what happens:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 05771&st=0

Thanks for the response!

Edit - That did the trick, sleep now working. Must just be a case of the version in multibeast being outdated.

wfj said:
philz said:
wfj said:

I'm going to try the latest kext from here and see what happens:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 05771&st=0

Thanks for the response!

Edit - That did the trick, sleep now working. Must just be a case of the version in multibeast being outdated.

Strange, also tried that kext on my x79... checked console and got this:
Screen Shot 2012-04-25 at 01.12.42.png
going back to previous version, and check if it's still there ticking away like crazy...

EDIT: Had to go back to the version of MultiBeast 4.3.1, and strangely enough, I noticed by accident that my geek bench went up a few hundreds (than with the last new E1000.kext) o_O

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-25 at 01.12.42.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-25 at 01.12.42.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 321
psydafke said:
EDIT: Had to go back to the version of MultiBeast 4.3.1, and strangely enough, I noticed by accident that my geek bench went up a few hundreds (than with the last new E1000.kext) o_O

And that is why I find geek bench a very odd benchmark. I've gotten different results just from SMBIOS machine changes on some systems, and no significance on others :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back