Contribute
Register

Huge News! Gigabyte UEFI Sleep/Wake with NO DSDT! [TESTING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
...so if I've read & digested all this correctly, the process should go something like this for UniBeast/10.7.x install:

1. Build your UniBeast/Lion USB key, then follow all the normal UniBeast steps.
2. When it's time to reboot & run MultiBeast, run it as per normal EXCEPT - you don't need to check User DSDT Install (as this is no longer necessary). Still need to check options for audio, disk, network, etc.

??

BoomR said:
...so if I've read & digested all this correctly, the process should go something like this for UniBeast/10.7.x install:

2. When it's time to reboot & run MultiBeast, run it as per normal EXCEPT - you don't need to check User DSDT Install (as this is no longer necessary). Still need to check options for audio, disk, network, etc.

??

i need confirmation on this too...
also, any chance this will work with an ivy bridge cpu? i'm getting mine today...

synnys said:
BoomR said:

??

i need confirmation on this too...
also, any chance this will work with an ivy bridge cpu? i'm getting mine today...

There is no real method yet for Z77X, it's an in progress solution. BoomR is right but he still will need to choose User DSDT (even if using no DSDT). A DSDT is still needed to get it to work properly with Audio. Ivy Bridge will not work unless you have a modified kernel which is not something that is generally shared here ;)

Mate94 said:
caching said:
IS THE USB3 WORKING?
The USB3's which is controlled by the Intel chipset works as USB 2.0

I noticed that there is a USB3 kext in the Multibeast, I don't have an USB3 device, so there is no way to test....

[/quote]Ivy Bridge will not work unless you have a modified kernel which is not something that is generally shared here ;)[/quote]

why not? i thought this community was all about sharing!

I hope someone will step up and just share the kernel then...

anyway, i'll get my 3570k this afternoon, i'll try to install lion. will post my experience.
probably a frustrated one where i'll end up installing windows for the meantime :(

tonymacx86 said:
Gigabyte's 3D BIOS UEFI makes Hackintoshing a breeze
http://vr-zone.com/articles/gigabyte-s- ... 15651.html

"Hackintoshing" Easiest with GIGABYTE 3D UEFI BIOS
http://www.techpowerup.com/164705/-quot ... -BIOS.html

Great Press!

synnys said:
why not? i thought this community was all about sharing!

I hope someone will step up and just share the kernel then...

anyway, i'll get my 3570k this afternoon, i'll try to install lion. will post my experience.
probably a frustrated one where i'll end up installing windows for the meantime :(

See below:

samisnake said:
randyfatar said:
if you read at the bottom of that post it says:
"Because there are no Macs yet with Ivy Bridge, the tipster had to use a modified kernel to boot."

nothing in this thread is about ivy bridge. ivy bridge cpus havent been released yet on apple products.
once apple includes support for ivy, then itll be time to use them.

as for the mobos, tony and the thelostswede are using sandy bridge cpus on their panther point z77 boards.

It simply does not exist in the "stock" way things are done here :) Wait for Ivy Bridge mac's or get the kernel elsewhere.

GA-Z77M-D3H + i5-2500K

1. I Changed to Mac Mini (Multi beast) ,the performance is NO better-very show Intel HD Graphics 3000(512mb-8gb ram).
2.Realtek ALC 887 doesn't working with ALC8xxHDA/AppleHDA rollback(MultiBeast)

PLEASE HELP :banghead: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back