Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> HS 10.13.4 Computer Does not Shutdown/ Restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no luck I'm afraid ... Is there nothing shutdown-related Apple introduced with the latest update? As everything worked finde before 10.13.4.

Did you find a solution? I'm in the same boat. Everything worked flawless in 10.13.3. Now i have the reboot problem and
USB3 doesn't work anymore...

Did you find a solution? I'm in the same boat. Everything worked flawless in 10.13.3. Now i have the reboot problem and
USB3 doesn't work anymore...

No, sorry mate. I'm afraid I haven't ...

However, the USB 3 issue came up with my machine too, and reinstalling the corresponding drivers via MultiBeast helped in my case.

EDIT:

Just saw brebo's reply. Obviously, what he said.

Yes, I have, but still no success. Hoping that 10.14 might do the trick, once it's out ...

Have you tried rebuilding the prelinked kernel and nvram? I googled an nvram rebuild tool and it worked great for rebuilding both. It was designed for High Sierra so it’s current as a lot of older methods don’t always work. High Sierra introduced the immutable kernel in the prelinked kernel folder which adds an extra obstacle to rebuilding caches.

Have you tried rebuilding the prelinked kernel and nvram? I googled an nvram rebuild tool and it worked great for rebuilding both. It was designed for High Sierra so it’s current as a lot of older methods don’t always work. High Sierra introduced the immutable kernel in the prelinked kernel folder which adds an extra obstacle to rebuilding caches.

Thanks for the tip, tried it just now, however, still no luck I'm afraid...

• Try editing your config.plist_ACPI as shown in the uploaded images after opening the config.plist in Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition)(CCV) [See uploaded images ]
  • After saving the edited config.plist, reboot.
  • On the way to reboot , press the hotkey to enter BIOS Setup, and go to the appropriate menu(I have no AsRock to guide you) and find Wake On LAN and DISABLE it . Look in Power Management menu for ErP (Energy Related Products Directive ) and ENABLE it .
  • Save the BIOS settings and reboot to HS desktop.
  • Now try Shut Down.
Hop this helps.
Hello, I just tried this but didn't work. :(

Has anyone of those running into issues updated to the Mojave public beta? Would it try out myself, but currently don't have the time ..

I'm having the same issue and can find a way to get shutdown to...well...shutdown. nv-disable works but I can't run my computer with that setting. Have you tried that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back