Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Z87 Extreme 4
CPU
i5 4670k
Graphics
Sapphire Vega 56 Nitro+
Hi all,

after the recent update, my hackintosh started to behave weirdly when shutting down/ restarting; Problem is, it will just get stuck on a black screen (monitor still on). Doesn't happen with Windows installation, so it must be due to the update.

I have attached my config.plist. Not sure if necessary. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 320
Hi all,

after the recent update, my hackintosh started to behave weirdly when shutting down/ restarting; Problem is, it will just get stuck on a black screen (monitor still on). Doesn't happen with Windows installation, so it must be due to the update.

I have attached my config.plist. Not sure if necessary. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
windows is not a motherboard I am familiar with
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

Yup, just noticed that too, don't know how that got there. Fixed now. Sorry about that ...
  • Try editing your config.plist_ACPI as shown in the uploaded images after opening the config.plist in Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition)(CCV) [See uploaded images ]
  • After saving the edited config.plist, reboot.
  • On the way to reboot , press the hotkey to enter BIOS Setup, and go to the appropriate menu(I have no AsRock to guide you) and find Wake On LAN and DISABLE it . Look in Power Management menu for ErP (Energy Related Products Directive ) and ENABLE it .
  • Save the BIOS settings and reboot to HS desktop.
  • Now try Shut Down.
Hop this helps.

Attachments

• 1.ACPI-1.png
    1.ACPI-1.png
    364.7 KB · Views: 3,602
  • 2.ACPI-2.png
    2.ACPI-2.png
    347.1 KB · Views: 3,394
  • Try editing your config.plist_ACPI as shown in the uploaded images after opening the config.plist in Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition)(CCV) [See uploaded images ]
  • After saving the edited config.plist, reboot.
  • On the way to reboot , press the hotkey to enter BIOS Setup, and go to the appropriate menu(I have no AsRock to guide you) and find Wake On LAN and DISABLE it . Look in Power Management menu for ErP (Energy Related Products Directive ) and ENABLE it .
  • Save the BIOS settings and reboot to HS desktop.
  • Now try Shut Down.
Hop this helps.

Thanks for the detailed explanation! However, I applied everything you mentioned (except for the Power Management part, wasn't able to find said setting) but still no luck ...

Thanks for the detailed explanation! However, I applied everything you mentioned (except for the Power Management part, wasn't able to find said setting) but still no luck ...
I did a Google search to find the User Manual of your MoBO and found that this has no separate Power Management menu or Chipset menu. But I could see ACPI Config menu. Luckily the default for Wake On LAN is DISABLED. I found no Erp to set

Z87 Extreme4
4.4.7 ACPI Configuration

What version of BIOS you have on that now?

Yup, found that too. Had a look at my BIOS version and discovered I wasn't running the latest one (although I was super certain I actually was), went ahead and updated (to v3.4) - still no luck though.

Attached are my ACPI settings.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20180407_163807.jpg
    IMG_20180407_163807.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 612
Yup, found that too. Had a look at my BIOS version and discovered I wasn't running the latest one (although I was super certain I actually was), went ahead and updated (to v3.4) - still no luck though.

Attached are my ACPI settings.

Many thanks!
Now on it is a trial and error ACPI selections with placement of [√] .
Try only one at a time and see the result.
You still keep the ACPI "Fixes" [√]FixShutdown and [√] FixHeaders [ √] Halt Enabler as before and then add a new one [√] at a time as shown by the colored arrows to the target check boxes and try Shut down after each. It is a real pain. But what other options...
See uploaded screen for the targets to place check marks.

Attachments

• ACPI .png
    ACPI .png
    208.2 KB · Views: 1,457
Oh boy ... I hoped that we would be able to avoid this one ... but thanks for the info! Will give it a go and report back asap!

Many thanks!

Now on it is a trial and error ACPI selections with placement of [√] .
Try only one at a time and see the result.
You still keep the ACPI "Fixes" [√]FixShutdown and [√] FixHeaders [ √] Halt Enabler as before and then add a new one [√] at a time as shown by the colored arrows to the target check boxes and try Shut down after each. It is a real pain. But what other options...
See uploaded screen for the targets to place check marks.

Still no luck I'm afraid ... Is there nothing shutdown-related Apple introduced with the latest update? As everything worked finde before 10.13.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back