Contribute
Register

HP ZBOOK G5 17

Does anyone have an EFI I can try with my HP Zbook Fury G7 with Radeon RX 5500m?
That's not how hackintoshing a laptop works. The process requires a lot more than just copy/pasting someone else's EFI folder to use on your laptop.

1. Start reading guides here and learning about OpenCore.
2. Take your time to understand what you're doing, then try an install.
3. It's not a race, don't expect to be finished in one day.

I'm sure that @Feartech will add some more comments on this topic.

Hi @theroadw , I also have the cx8400 power state issue! And i cant get voodoohda loading on ventura. Any thoughts?

kext doesnt seem to load i guess @theroadw

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 1.06.30 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 1.06.30 PM.png
    719.3 KB · Views: 44
Try this, also you need to download SMCSuperIO.kext from acidantera's github and place it in kexts folder
Hi @theroadw , can you tell how you managed to make this? I have another laptop and would love if i can see the fan readings, also the VoodooHDA isssue is resolved.
Thanks a ton!

Hi @theroadw , can you tell how you managed to make this? I have another laptop and would love if i can see the fan readings, also the VoodooHDA isssue is resolved.
Thanks a ton!
You have to find the EC address for the fan/s and how it reports the fan rpms from 0-100% or 100-0%, big or little endian, or 2 byte or more.
There are a lot of configs with addresses here that hopefully include the one you're after.
If not you need rweverything or similar to analyze the EC fields and find by observation and luck.

Back