Contribute
Register

HP Zbook 17 Success - Yosemite 10.10.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is because of the garbage (huge PNG files) in misc. In the future, do not upload unnecessary content.

Your config.plist lacks the "9mb cursor bytes" patch.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

I didn't know about png files, i am fairly new at this. Anyways, i don't see anything about 9mb cursor bytes patch in that link, even tried doing a search for it. What does that do? Will it fix my graphical glitches? Sleep seems to be an issue. It works sometimes but other times it wont recover from sleep, blackscreen and i need to power off.

I didn't know about png files, i am fairly new at this. Anyways, i don't see anything about 9mb cursor bytes patch in that link, even tried doing a search for it.

It is in the config.plist files linked by the guide.

I believe it is also included by default in the PBI-CE, so I'm not sure why you don't have it.

Hello everybody,

so sad that still nobody has succeed in having the dp port working on hp zbook...
Do you think that changing the nvidia gpu for something else could be a solution?

thanks!

It can probably be made to work with a correct Nvidia setup...

Hello there,
@secret-sounds : Have you solved your external display problem replacing the nvidia quadro with an amd firepro?

I'm thinking about doing this on my zbook 15" g2, do you think it's a good idea?

bests
Hey Enrico,
Well it "sort of" works. I actually just wrote about it here.
I guess it depends on what exactly you're looking for. Unfortunately it's a compromise situation (at least for now):
-if you just want a screen to watch movies, get a Startech USB-to-HDMI adapter
-if you need your display for normal work, with external display as the main monitor, get the HP AMD FirePro M6100
-for the most powerful result (for gaming etc) use an external enclosure with a desktop GPU, such as Akitio Thunder2 or PE4H-EC060A

Hope this helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back