Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

I have now my Zbook 17 successful installed UEFI only, Clover, Dual boot Windows 8.1 + Yosemite 10.10.2.

Everything worked pretty straight forward following the Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI (USB Install + HP Probook Installer latest version.

Hardware:
Processor: i7-4700MQ Haswell
Chipset: Mobile Intel QM87
Graphics integrated: Intel® HD Graphics 4600
Graphics dedicated: Nvidia Quadro K3100m
Memory: Samsung 8GB 1600MHz DDR3L
Lan: Intel I217-LM
Wifi: Intel 6235 abgn (not working)
HDD: SSD mSATA Kingston 60GB + SSD SATA Samsung 60gb + HDD Seagate 500gb 7200rpm

What I experienced so far:
First of all, the past 7 days sums up my whole experience with Hackintosh or Mac OS in general, so if anything written here seem stupid, most likely it is.

1. If you have Bluetooth enabled in bios you need to fix Appstore, i don't use it so it's disabled.
2. Lag & freez at logon (reboot or wake from sleep) I think is mostly the mouse, but the whole system seem laggy for 10 to 30 seconds, then is stable, I assume varies based on computer performance, happens only after Probook Installer.
For now it's fixed, I'm booting without any boot arguments so i have to check if it's one of the drivers.
3. HD4600 working full resolution 1080p, KuxMark rating >350, i will test the fix for boot distortions.
4. Lan Intel I217-LM is working
5. K3100m didn't test, I guess is not working but I do see that is correctly detected in boot logs
6. SpeedStep is working for CPU
7. I always get some errors if I check the permissions in diskutility, fix works until restart.
8. I noticed that I don't have the native Elastic scrolling or how is called Rubberbanding any fix?

Still testing... and learning, if any of you guys have suggestions of what else I should check I would appreciate it.

In any case great work you are doing here!

Very excited to see you got your ZBook 17 to work! Thinking about getting one myself as an audio workstation. The upgrade bays for hard drives, thunderbolt and a max of 32gb RAM really make it tempting! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread :thumbup:
1: is the graphics chip detected in system profiler?
5: do you have the standard WiFi/BT card installed? You should probably get a compatible one if your planning to use either
7: this might be normal. I always get permission fixes on some printer drivers or something. If you repair your permissions every once in a while you should be fine

Hi,
- not sure what you mean by system profiler (my knowledge is limited), unfortunately the mobile version of HD 4600 (0x04168086) is not detected, but the Probook Installer handles it with a fake id towards de desktop version (0x04128086). with the exception of some glitches while the OS is loading everything seems to work normal. while testing I encountered some pink/greenish artifacts in UI too, but testing different platform-ids solved the issue.

- Yes I do still have the build-in Wifi, I will replace it, in any case i don't recommend Intel 6235 abgn even for windows, it's unreliable at least in windows 8.1, a lot of complains about this card on the internet.

- I fixed the issue with lag & freeze at startup, the SMBios was created for MacBookPro 11,2(Core I7), changing to MacBookPro 11,1(Core i5/i7) solved the problem.

- still can't solve the loading glitch, can anyone tell me if Maverick handles the HD4600 mobile better? (nor an actual issue, just annoying)

Here some platform-ids that I tested, number 17 is the best one for my setup
[ 1] :*0x0c060000*- Haswell SDV Mobile GT1*port 0 LVDS, port 5 eDP, port 6 HDMI,
[ 2] :*0x0c160000*- Haswell SDV Mobile GT2*port 0 LVDS, port 5 eDP, port 6 HDMI,
[ 3] :*0x0c260000*- Haswell SDV Mobile GT3*port 0 LVDS, port 5 eDP, port 6 HDMI,*
[ 4] :*0x04060000*- Haswell Mobile GT1*port 0 LVDS, port 5 eDP, port 6 HDMI,
[ 5] :*0x04160000*- Haswell Mobile GT2*port 0 LVDS, port 5 eDP, port 6 HDMI,
[ 6] :*0x04260000*- Haswell Mobile GT3*port 0 LVDS, port 5 eDP, port 6 HDMI,
[ 7] :*0x0d260000*- Haswell CRW Mobile GT3*port 0 LVDS, port 5 eDP, port 6 HDMI,
[ 8] :*0x0a160000*- Haswell ULT Mobile GT2*port 0 LVDS, port 5 eDP, port 6 HDMI,
[ 9] :*0x0a260000*- Haswell ULT Mobile GT3*port 0 LVDS, port 5 eDP, port 6 HDMI,
[10] :*0x0a260005*- Haswell ULT Mobile GT3*port 0 LVDS, port 5*DisplayPort, port 6*DisplayPort,
[11] :*0x0a260006*- Haswell ULT Mobile GT3*port 0 LVDS, port 5*DisplayPort, port 6*DisplayPort,
[12] :*0x0a2e0008*- Haswell ULT E GT3*port 0 LVDS, port 5*DisplayPort, port 6*DisplayPort,
[13] :*0x0a16000c*- Haswell ULT Mobile GT2*port 0 LVDS, port 5*DisplayPort, port 6*DisplayPort,
[14] :*0x0d260007*- Haswell CRW Mobile GT3*port 0 LVDS, port 5*DisplayPort, port 6*DisplayPort, HDMI
[15] :*0x0d220003*- Haswell CRW GT3*port 5*DisplayPort, port 6*DisplayPort, port 7*DisplayPort
[16] :*0x0a2e000a*- Haswell ULT E GT3*port 0 LVDS, port 5*DisplayPort, port 6*DisplayPort,
[17] :*0x0a26000a*- Haswell ULT Mobile GT3*port 0 LVDS, port 5*DisplayPort, port 6*DisplayPort,
[18] :*0x0a2e000d*- Haswell ULT E GT3*port 5*DisplayPort, port 6*DisplayPort, port VGA,*
[19] :*0x0a26000d*- Haswell ULT Mobile GT3*port 5*DisplayPort, port 6*DisplayPort, port VGA,
[20] :*0x04120004*- Haswell GT2*port VGA, VGA, VGA
[21] :*0x0412000b*- Haswell GT2*port VGA, VGA, VGA
[22] :*0x0d260009*- Haswell CRW Mobile GT3*port 0 LVDS, VGA, VGA,*

What ids did you try?

Mostly the one that don't have HDMI since i don;t have hdmi, i think is trial and error.

Mostly the one that don't have HDMI since i don;t have hdmi, i think is trial and error.

Or you can change back to default ig-platform-id, then disable the patch of AppleIntelAzulFB in config.plist. Tell me which works better.

Or you can change back to default ig-platform-id, then disable the patch of AppleIntelAzulFB in config.plist. Tell me which works better.

Default platform-id without AzulFB patch looks worse, transparency looks greenish, and the apple logo + loading bar is distorted from ~30% loading to logon screen, with my first setup i got the distorted logo for a brief moment during load.

It make sense to try and specify a frame buffer name manually?

Hey, so I got my ZBook 17 yesterday and these are my experiences so far:
First off: I got the real basic model from the first generation (G1) with i5-4300M. I'm planning to upgrade this machine over time, so the current setup is not final. Screen res is 1600 x 900 and the graphics processor (which I think is not working anyway) is the NVIDIA Quadro K610M.

What I did first was to load the most up-to-date BIOS from HP's website using the Windows that came installed. I figured that it's a good idea to do that since I believe some hardware upgrades might need the newer BIOS.
After that I followed nguyenmac's excellent Guide to install Yosemite. The installation itself went very smooth without any hiccups. Post installation with the newest ProBook installer and Clover also worked. As mentioned by x01015918 above, the only slight adjustment that I made was using Clover Configurator to change the SMBIOS to 11,1 (rather than 11,2) because it solves the issue of lag with trackpad + keyboard after boot and sleep. I also noticed that I kept getting black screens for about 1 sec even while working. Increasing the display sleep time in system prefs solved that problem (I think it has to do with the trackpad + keyboard not being 100% native).

What works for me:
-Intel 4600 graphics seem to work OK after running ProBook Installer (with the standard ID 0x04128086). Display is recognized as 1600x900 as it should be. There are some random little glitches left (e.g. sometimes when closing a window) but I can live with that for now
-Sound. Just thought I mention it here because I wasn't sure if the IDT 92HD91 codec would work -but it does!
-Fan behavior as expected: After the initial 'full speed' fan when starting from off it works just fine
-Thunderbolt! Yes it works! As with all Hacks: it doesn't like hot swap but it works after restart. Tested with Apple adapter to FW800 and external HD

So far my $0.02. Happy hacking!

Hey, so I got my ZBook 17 yesterday and these are my experiences so far:
First off: I got the real basic model from the first generation (G1) with i5-4300M. I'm planning to upgrade this machine over time, so the current setup is not final. Screen res is 1600 x 900 and the graphics processor (which I think is not working anyway) is the NVIDIA Quadro K610M.

What I did first was to load the most up-to-date BIOS from HP's website using the Windows that came installed. I figured that it's a good idea to do that since I believe some hardware upgrades might need the newer BIOS.
After that I followed nguyenmac's excellent Guide to install Yosemite. The installation itself went very smooth without any hiccups. Post installation with the newest ProBook installer and Clover also worked. As mentioned by x01015918 above, the only slight adjustment that I made was using Clover Configurator to change the SMBIOS to 11,1 (rather than 11,2) because it solves the issue of lag with trackpad + keyboard after boot and sleep. I also noticed that I kept getting black screens for about 1 sec even while working. Increasing the display sleep time in system prefs solved that problem (I think it has to do with the trackpad + keyboard not being 100% native).

What works for me:
-Intel 4600 graphics seem to work OK after running ProBook Installer (with the standard ID 0x04128086). Display is recognized as 1600x900 as it should be. There are some random little glitches left (e.g. sometimes when closing a window) but I can live with that for now
-Sound. Just thought I mention it here because I wasn't sure if the IDT 92HD91 codec would work -but it does!
-Fan behavior as expected: After the initial 'full speed' fan when starting from off it works just fine
-Thunderbolt! Yes it works! As with all Hacks: it doesn't like hot swap but it works after restart. Tested with Apple adapter to FW800 and external HD

So far my $0.02. Happy hacking!

About Graphical Glitch, you should try x01015918's suggestion about changing ig-platform-id, not fake-id.

If you both agree on one id, I will change PBI CE for this ZBook model.

About Graphical Glitch, you should try x01015918's suggestion about changing ig-platform-id, not fake-id.

If you both agree on one id, I will change PBI CE for this ZBook model.

The big difference between 0xa260006 and 0xa26000a is that 9mb cursor bytes (vs. 6mb cursor bytes for 0xa260006). 0xa260006 can be easily patched for a larger cursor bytes value. And it seems to cause no problem if the cursor bytes are increased when not necessary (my u430 works fine with 6mb and 9mb).

0xa26000a tends to have issues with black screen after sleep, so that is something to test (there is also a patch that fixes that problem in many cases... by borrowing some values from 0xa260006).

All such patches are in my Clover config repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back