Contribute
Register

HP Spectre x360 - Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting files as requested.

ACPI is not patched correctly. The guide is very clear on the fact that dynamic SSDTs should not be included in ACPI/patched. For some reason, you have placed all dynamic SSDTs in ACPI/patched...

Also, IGPU PM is not implemented (need GFX0->IGPU rename).

I can't do any further investigation because your files in ACPI/origin are corrupt:
Code:
Input file DSDT.aml, Length 0x1E2EE (123630) bytes
ACPI BIOS Warning (bug): Incorrect checksum in table [DSDT] - 0x0A, should be 0xE5 (20160522/tbprint-301)

Please re-extract, re-attach.

Also, all kexts should be installed to the system volume.

Could be a USB problem. Your USB setup is not correct... You should not inject ports that aren't used, and you should make sure UsbConnector is set correctly for each port you do inject.

See USB guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Also, further questions/posts should be in the El Capitan Laptop Support forum. The ioreg shows 10.11.4 installed, not Yosemite.

There might be an "instant wake" problem also... you did not patch for it (_PRW patch).

Also..

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

HP Spectre x360 - Yosemite

--Update--

I am struggling to get the Audio working on this device. Apple HDA patching didn't worked on first attempt. Not many people are trying to Hackintosh this device it seems. Keeping this hold on at the moment. I will try to do the Apple HDA patching again and see if I did something wrong the first time.

The audio setup is very strange on this device and even the Ubuntu Audio won't work OOB. Had to follow a workaround to get it working. The codec is Realtek ALC 3242 (ALC 286) as per the Ubuntu Codec Dump. Attached the Codec Dumps from Ubuntu and the native ACPI tables if any one interested to take a look.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Successfully installed Yosemite 10.10.3 on HP Spectre x360 and updated to 10.10.4.

Specifications:
CPU: Intel Core i7 5500U @2.40GHz (Broadwell)
RAM: 8 GB (2 x 4 GB 1600MHz DDR3)
HDD: 256 GB SSD
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5500
Audio: Intel SMART Sound Technology & Realtek HW Audio Codec (ALC 3242)
Wi-Fi: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
Bluetooth: Intel Wireless Bluetooth
Trackpad: Synaptics SMBus TouchPad
Keyboard: Backlit Keyboard
Display: Quad HD Tocuh Screen (2560 x 1440)
Card Reader: Realtek RTS5227 PCI-E Card Reader
Camera: HP Truevision Full HD
External Display Ports: HDMI & Mini Display Ports
BIOS: Aptio UEFI

Working:
Shutdown & Restart
Sleep & Wakeup
Keyboard including Backlit toggle & Trackpad (3 Finger Gestures not working)
All 3 USB Ports
Graphics (QE / CI) fully functional (Font seems too small in QHD, had to set a lower resolution)
Clover Boot Loader
HDMI Output (Video Only)
Bluetooth
Camera
Touchscreen

Might never work:
Wi-Fi

Other components are yet to be configured / tested.

Glitches / Bugs observed so far:

Processor is detected as "2.39 GHz Intel Core i5" in 'About This Mac'. Actual CPU is i7 as listed above.
-- Fixed: After injecting CPU type 0x0704 through Clover, CPU detected as i7--

Sleep & Wake works only one time after every startup. Subsequent attempts to sleep hangs with display turned off. Had to force reboot or it automatically reboots after 5 minutes approximately.
--Fixed: Sleep & Wakeup Working after generating SSDT--

Touchscreen not working upon waking from sleep. Starts working once the lid is closed and opened after waking up.

Sources and Guides Used:
Boot Media Creation and Clover Boot Loader: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Intel HD Graphics 5500: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...hd-graphics-5500-os-x-yosemite-10-10-3-a.html

MacBook Air 7,2 SMBIOS: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...500u-1920x1080-intel-video-w-touchscreen.html

A huge Thanks for all the people who created and contributed to those guides.

If anyone else out there trying to install OSX on this model or already installed, jump in here so that we can help each other. If any one is interested, I can write a full guide once I get everything working.

srinu9, sorry for the bump to this ancient thread but this seems to be the only thread on the net where someone has my exact laptop running macOS with almost everything working. I used Unibeast and Multibeast to get my Spectre to boot to Mojave successfully. I've never done a hackintosh before and it seems I'll need to spend hours upon hours learning this stuff if I want my setup to work like yours. There isn't any way you can export your configuration/drivers/whatever is there? Aside from being on Mojave and having the 1080p display, my machine's identical.

If anyone that was involved in this thread has a quick solution for me, I'd be forever grateful. If not, that's okay, I'll probably just go back to Windows 10 and shell out for one of those slick new iPad Pro units.

srinu9, sorry for the bump to this ancient thread but this seems to be the only thread on the net where someone has my exact laptop running macOS with almost everything working. I used Unibeast and Multibeast to get my Spectre to boot to Mojave successfully. I've never done a hackintosh before and it seems I'll need to spend hours upon hours learning this stuff if I want my setup to work like yours. There isn't any way you can export your configuration/drivers/whatever is there? Aside from being on Mojave and having the 1080p display, my machine's identical.

If anyone that was involved in this thread has a quick solution for me, I'd be forever grateful. If not, that's okay, I'll probably just go back to Windows 10 and shell out for one of those slick new iPad Pro units.
srinu9 was last seen Sep 10, 2015

Y
srinu9 was last seen Sep 10, 2015
Yeeeah trust me I noticed that...figured there was some miracle show that a quote notification would wake him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back