Contribute
Register

HP Spectre X360 (15" 2017) - I2C Touchscreen and Pen Working in OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute positioning isn't how a trackpad works. A trackpad works by relative positioning. E.g if your place your finger in the top left corner of your trackpad, it doesn't place the cursor in the top left of the screen.

Hi Alex,

Sorry my bad, I can confirm that the touchscreen is working via Absolute positioning (touchpad is relative positioning)

Basic rotation support with I2C HID sensors already exists with VoodooI2C. It has yet to be released with a new version, however, since I have only been able to test it on my own device. You are free to come on the Gitter chat and request a beta kext of it if you indeed have I2C HID sensors (note that most SKL+ machines don't have I2C HID sensors as far as I'm aware).

Interesting and great to know that your a good down the road to supporting screen rotation ... if you look at the screen grabs of windows device manager in my first post you can see that there are a whole bunch on vendor specific HID devices ... I think may be the sensors ...

What is the best way to check if these are indeed I2C HID Sensors ?

Cheers
Jay

Touchscreen and pen input should already be rotated when the rotation preferences are changed.

Hummm thats not working for me .... either by rotating the display using CMD+OPT and selecting display preferences -> Rotation or by using 3rd party app such as the one i posted a link to ..

Jay

Interesting and great to know that your a good down the road to supporting screen rotation ... if you look at the screen grabs of windows device manager in my first post you can see that there are a whole bunch on vendor specific HID devices ... I think may be the sensors ...

What is the best way to check if these are indeed I2C HID Sensors ?

Cheers
Jay
It doesn't appear that you have I2C HID sensors (else you would have more than 1 I2C HID device listed, the only one you have is for your touchscreen). As I mentioned before, the vast majority of SKL+ machines have a PCI based Intel sensor hub for which there exist no drivers.

Hummm thats not working for me .... either by rotating the display using CMD+OPT and selecting display preferences -> Rotation or by using 3rd party app such as the one i posted a link to ..

Jay

Woops, I just realised that I haven't released that feature yet. I can give you a beta version on the chat with it supported if you want to test it.

The behaviour is as intended. The user just expects it to act like how a touchscreen on windows would (i.e with one finger scrolling). Such behaviour is not possible on OSX.

I was referring to his touchpad reference. I thought he meant that singletouch was stuck in relative positioning.

I was referring to his touchpad reference. I thought he meant that singletouch was stuck in relative positioning.
My ELAN touch screen has the same behavior. It seems to be connected via USB but uses an I2C wrapper for touch input. Same with the crappy Synaptic touchpad in my Dell Inspiron 13-7353. It behaves like a 2 click mouse with this kext. It would be great to some how reverse their roles.

Attachments

• VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip
    54.2 KB · Views: 226
@ratboy10,

You should try asking Rehabman for assistance with VoodooPS2controller .. he is the developer of that kext.

Jay

@ratboy10,

You should try asking Rehabman for assistance with VoodooPS2controller .. he is the developer of that kext.

Jay
He doesn't seem to have any interest in Synaptic with I2C/RMI. Besides that he does plenty already. Thanks for reading my post though.

He doesn't seem to have any interest in Synaptic with I2C/RMI.

I won't be doing anything with I2C until I have hardware with I2C.
Currently, I have no such hardware...

I won't be doing anything with I2C until I have hardware with I2C.
Currently, I have no such hardware...
Makes sense to me. Could you please look at the kext I uploaded and tell me why that one gives basic functionality and yours doesn't? I'm just curious. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back