Contribute
Register

HP Spectre X360 (15" 2017) - I2C Touchscreen and Pen Working in OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just made my touchscreen/trackpad working. Here are my tips for those who are still struggling. They may not be helpful/correct for everyone, but at least for my case.

Worked for me too for spectre 15" 360. Thank you. :clap:

Thanks to all !!! My touchpad and touchscreen are now fully functioning on my Dell Inspiron 13 7353 with a Synaptic touchpad. It is now 100% working.

Thanks to all !!! My touchpad and touchscreen are now fully functioning on my Dell Inspiron 13 7353 with a Synaptic touchpad. It is now 100% working.
Do you have two finger scrolling with the touchpad, which kext are you using?

Do you have two finger scrolling with the touchpad, which kext are you using?
Yes. I'm using VoodooI2C version 2.0.3 with some DSDT edits. I can upload mine if you like.

Thanks @jaymonkey and @zephyrbj, this worked for me. Frankly not sure how much use this is to me, but cool! My x360 is very similar -- I'm attaching my "problem reporting files" in case anyone wants to look at the nitty gritty details. What I did:
  1. From https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C/releases I got v.2.0.3 and installed VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext in /S/L/E.

[FYI RehabMan suggested installing them in /L/E, but I could not resolve the permissions errors reported when I tried to rebuild my kextcache with the files in /L/E. (I had system:wheel, 755 and removed the xattr... what else is there anyway!?!) After putting them in /S/L/E, I used Kext Wizard to fix repair permissions and rebuild cache successfully.]

2. I did update my DSDT to simplify the _CRS method as suggested. Not sure if this was needed, but it was part of my journey.

Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized) // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
    {
    Return (ConcatenateResTemplate (SBFB, SBFG))
    }

3. Removed AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext from /S/L/E.

[The instructions also said to remove "AppleHPM.kext", but it was not listed in /S/L/E. When rebuilding the kext cache on the command line, this kext logs a few lines reflecting that it is trying to load but is missing dependencies. Oh well.]

4. Rebuilt kext cache and repaired permissions (with Kext Wizard)

One note on behavior:
I have an external monitor running via HDMI, non-mirrored. I can use my finger as expected when the current application window is open on the x360 display. But if the current application window is on the external display, touches on the x360 display behave like the x360 touchscreen is an overlay on the external display: absolutely positioned for the external screen. I guess I'm trying to say that the touchscreen doesn't act to move focus to the x360 display.

Attachments

• debug_10552.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 94
@zappers,

1. If your running Sierra or High Sierra then the VoodooIC2 kext's (Like all 3rd party kext's) should be installed in /L/E (as RehabMan told you) ... if your having issues with permissions try using Tony's KextBeast to install them into /L/E which you can get from the downloads section of this site its the only Kext installer that i know of that installs kext's into /L/E correctly.

2. As long as SBFB, SBFG are the correct I2C id's for your system then the DSDT edit is correct.

3. No need to remove any Apple I2C kext's ... use the Clover patches (credit CoolStar) ...
Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Prevent Apple I2C kexts from attaching to I2C controllers, credit CoolStar</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                SU9LaXQ=
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2C</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                SU9LaXM=
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Prevent Apple I2C kexts from attaching to I2C controllers, credit CoolStar</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                SU9LaXQ=
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssI2CController</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                SU9LaXM=
                </data>
            </dict>

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Yes. I'm using VoodooI2C version 2.0.3 with some DSDT edits. I can upload mine if you like.
Yes, I would appreciate if you could upload it for me. Thanks

Hey @jaymonkey, Could you help me it was working fine on my specter then after i has to reinstall it does not work anymore, maybe you can help me. Before it even worked without the need to patch the DSDT now i did patch it but it is not working. Awesome guide thanks

Attachments

• debug_14155.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 207
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back