Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Which directory takes the precedence during boot? Aren't the kexts being loaded twice (first from /EFI, then from /S/L/E)? Boot.log shows that Clover injects them from /EFI:
Code:
3:422  0:000  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10
3:423  0:001    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\ACPIBacklight.kext
3:452  0:028    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\ACPIBatteryManager.kext
3:454  0:002    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\ACPIPoller.kext
3:455  0:001    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\BrcmPatchRAM.kext
3:491  0:035    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\FakeSMC.kext
3:494  0:003    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\IOath3kfrmwr.kext
3:497  0:003    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\ProBookAtheros.kext
3:497  0:000    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\RealtekRTL8111.kext
3:505  0:008    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\VoodooPS2Controller.kext
3:507  0:001      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
3:510  0:003      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
3:512  0:001      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
does the system itself load them again from /S/L/E?

No, PBI CE set Kexts Inject=Detect, so if there is /S/L/E/FakeSMC, kexts will not be injected. The FakeSMC checking phase is later so you will still see kext injection preparation in boot.log

No, PBI CE set Kexts Inject=Detect, so if there is /S/L/E/FakeSMC, kexts will not be injected. The FakeSMC checking phase is later so you will still see kext injection preparation in boot.log

Understood. Thanks.

my ProBook 6470b with yosemite 10.10.3, no update needed, so far works really great.
yesterday i needed virtual box, to do some testing with linux virtual machines and remembered that vtx was not enabled by recommendations of ProBook installer guide.

i enabled it and virtualbox works without problem, i can virtualize linux boxes, haven't tested the vtd option for virtualisation.

only thing i am missing is bigger resolution, my bad because i didn't bought 6470b witch 1600x900 :|

my ProBook 6470b with yosemite 10.10.3, no update needed, so far works really great.
yesterday i needed virtual box, to do some testing with linux virtual machines and remembered that vtx was not enabled by recommendations of ProBook installer guide.

The guide does not instruct to disable VT-x. VT-d is not the same as VT-x.

What the heck?
Bluetooth only works after going to sleep. I am miffed.
Here are my trouble shooting files after booting with Clover and NOT putting the machine to sleep.:?:

Attachments

• Troubleshooting 2015-08-29 11-58.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 54

Attachments

• IOREG_before sleep.ioreg
    5.3 MB · Views: 77
Here ya go.
Thanks in advance.:D

Post also after sleep.

The issue appears to be there is no BT device on the USB bus.

Do you have the latest BIOS installed?

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Post also after sleep.

The issue appears to be there is no BT device on the USB bus.

Do you have the latest BIOS installed?

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

I think I got what you need.
Thanks for your time.
:)Oh And have latest bios.

Attachments

• IOREG_before sleep.zip
    387.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IOREG_after_sleep.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
  • RehabMan.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 56
I think I got what you need.
Thanks for your time.
:)Oh And have latest bios.

Try this DSDT, attached...

Reply with both ioreg (before/after) and patchmatic -extract output.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    20.8 KB · Views: 51
Back