Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Oh thank you! Is there a way to help anyhow? I am not allowed to PM nguyenmac directly. Hope it's read here.

Open a separate thread to work through the problems.

If anyone can follow RehabMan's guide to edit DVMT and boot to installer, install and
make graphics work well, I can help the post-install for other function to work.

If anyone can follow RehabMan's guide to edit DVMT and boot to installer, install and
make graphics work well, I can help the post-install for other function to work.

There's more than that to do... audio (patched/dummy AppleHDA), CodecCommander tweaks [if required], keyboard mappings/tweaking, trackpad testing/tweaking, specific set of DSDT patches, laptop specific DSDT patches, USB port injectors, etc.

Best to let someone move slow and deliberate against it and when you have the complete picture, implement it in PBI-CE if desired.

So far, I've not seen a lot of success with these laptops. Whether that is due to pilot error or true difficulties remains to be seen.

For me, this laptop isn't that interesting anymore. I'm more interested in UHD 2-in-1s... to name one from HP, the Spectre x360 with UHD display. But I've made no commitment to a Broadwell laptop at this point, and probably won't for a while.

Hi folks,

What model should I select for HP Envy 6-1154er?

Thanx in advance.

@nguyenmac,

Suggestion: Install both bluetooth kexts (BrcmPatchRAM.kext, IOath3kfrmwr.kext) automatically. Remove options from PBI-CE.

Reason: The latest BrcmPatchRAM.kext will not load unless the associated hardware is installed (this commit: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM/commit/6f6ad88f5c0c68e58da9885237a386f29551928c). And this was always true of IOath3kfrmwrk.kext.

This will avoid a certain common "pilot error" where there are serious USB problems due to lack of BT firmware in present but unitialized BT device.

@nguyenmac,

Suggestion: Install both bluetooth kexts (BrcmPatchRAM.kext, IOath3kfrmwr.kext) automatically. Remove options from PBI-CE.

Reason: The latest BrcmPatchRAM.kext will not load unless the associated hardware is installed (this commit: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM/commit/6f6ad88f5c0c68e58da9885237a386f29551928c). And this was always true of IOath3kfrmwrk.kext.

This will avoid a certain common "pilot error" where there are serious USB problems due to lack of BT firmware in present but unitialized BT device.
All right, thanks.

I have question about custom HiDPI resolution with PBI CE. I followed this guide - #106 but I still can't get custom HiDPI resolution to work. So I think if there is some conflict in PBI CE with this method.
Thank you for any help, I starting to be desperate :(.

Does anyone know the best wifi card for the HP 840 G1? I bought a BCM943224HMS, but it's not detected. I'm using the latest clover and latest HP install.

Thanks!

Back