Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Yes it is the latest one...

An HW issue over all the 8460p then because i tried it on three different pieces.

In that case why don't i find any other occurrences?

thX

What i know:

Issues are showing up when playing back HD movies and messing up with VLC full screen mode.

It occurs with VLC only, Quicktime works flawless. Youtube is instable too.

When moving the mouse to fast at computer wake up (login window) it restarts, if i wait the login cursor starts blinking i can start my session but the computer will restart randomly later.

If i disable AppleGraphicsPowerManagement most of those instability issues disappears but the VLC full screen mode remains instable.

I encounter VLC HD movie playing back issues on Windows 8 too but not on Windows 7! That let me think it is NOT an HW issue.

What i need:

Somebody could try to mess up with VLC on the same machine and reporting the computer behavior.

If not any issues occur, sending me SMBIOS file or EFI.zip folder.

I'm not crazy:

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20030920052727284

Thank you.

Run the latest PBI CE again.
Also, you have to do steps in the guide to enable sound.

Thanks! I don't seem to have artifacts any longer. I did enable hybrid graphics, and only the Intel HD 4600 drivers are being loaded. I don't have DisplayPort functionality. An HP whitepaper talks about graphics (key excerpts)

Graphics
The HP ZBook 15 G2 supports hybrid (switchable) graphics with discrete (MXM daughter card) NVIDIA or AMD professional graphics. The NVIDIA/AMD professional graphics or the Intel HD Graphics can drive the various DisplayPort routes in the system. The discrete NVIDIA/AMD graphics option always overrides the Intel integrated processor graphics.

NVIDIA professional graphics
The HP ZBook 15 G2 supports discrete NVIDIA professional graphics via an MXM 3.1 slot with a PCIe Gen3 x16 link. The following NVIDIA professional 3D graphics cards are supported:
• NVIDIA® Quadro® K610M
• NVIDIA® Quadro® K1100M
• NVIDIA® Quadro® K2100M <<< note, I have this one

NVIDIA professional graphics cards drive up to four independent and simultaneous displays and support Clone, Extended or Mosaic modes for the displays. The HP ZBook 15 G2 routes the four outputs of the NVIDIA card as follows:
• DisplayPort 1.1a to the internal display at 3200 x 1800 @ 60 Hz maximum resolution
• DisplayPort 1.1a to the external DisplayPort connector on the side I/O at 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz maximum resolution
• DisplayPort 1.2 to the optional Thunderbolt™ 21 module port 1 at 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz maximum resolution to a single display

Intel HD Graphics
Intel fully supports Intel® HD Graphics 4600 with the QM87 chipset. Intel Quick Sync is supported on all Intel processor SKUs with Intel HD Graphics. This feature provides faster video transcoding.

Intel HD Graphics supports three independent and simultaneous displays and supports Clone, Extended and Collage modes for the displays. In the case of three simultaneous displays, two high definition audio streams over the digital display interfaces are supported. The HP ZBook 15 G2 routes the three ports from the Intel HD Graphics as follows:
• DisplayPort 1.1a to the internal display at 3200 x 1800 @ 60 Hz maximum resolution
• DisplayPort 1.1a to the external DisplayPort connector on the side I/O at 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz maximum resolution
• DisplayPort 1.2 to the optional ThunderboltTM 2 module at 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz or 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz maximum resolution to a single display

Hybrid graphics
By leveraging display outputs from both the integrated Intel graphics processing unit (GPU) and the discrete GPU, the HP ZBook 15 G2 is able to support a large number of independent displays when hybrid graphics is enabled. Hybrid graphics is always enabled by default on the HP ZBook 15 G2. When hybrid graphics is disabled (may be disabled through BIOS Setup), the display outputs from the integrated Intel GPU are not available for use. As a result of this, the maximum number of independent displays supported is reduced to four on these models with NVIDIA graphics.

Special note on hybrid graphics during Pre-OS environment
With hybrid graphics, HP is using displays that may be connected to either one or both GPUs. Because the standard industry support for Pre-OS session involves only one GPU, there is a standard industry limitation where only displays connected to the integrated GPU may be used during Pre-OS. As such, display(s) attached to the discrete GPU are not viewable during Pre-OS. For example, if users boot with the panel closed and an external display attached to a DisplayPort connector driven by the discrete GPU, that display cannot show any image during Pre-OS session such as during POST, when in BIOS setup, when running early diagnosis, when using Power-On Password, and so on.

HP has implemented special support to resolve this limitation. With hybrid graphics, any display, whether it is connected to the integrated or discrete GPU, is usable (viewable) during Pre-OS. This feature is called “Hybrid Graphics Enhanced Display” and is by default enabled in BIOS. Users may disable this feature to only support Pre-OS session with integrated GPU displays (which is typically limited to the internal panel and VGA).

Any thoughts on getting the external ports working through either the Intel HD 4600 or NVIDIA Quadro K2100M?

In terms of sounds, still no luck. I did do:
14. If you can boot and you don't have sound:
- repair permissions in Disk Utility.
- restart.
- boot without caches
- rebuild cache with kext wizard
- reboot 2x
Are these the instructions you are referring to?

Thanks! I don't seem to have artifacts any longer. I did enable hybrid graphics, and only the Intel HD 4600 drivers are being loaded. I don't have DisplayPort functionality. An HP whitepaper talks about graphics (key excerpts)

I'm pretty sure we've already discovered that ZBook's DP port is directly wired to the discrete Nvidia card. Getting it to work will involve making Nvidia work.

I am trying to install yosemite on a probook 4540s. i am able to install it sucessfully but i cant manage to get everything work with PBI. On restart i get black screen, if i boot with the usb installeri can access the desktop but i have no sound or battery status if i put config.plist from the usb to efi partition on HD i no more get balck screen on start up.
The troubleshooting is attached. thanks in advance

Attachments

• Troubleshooting 2015-07-14 00-03.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 61
I am trying to install yosemite on a probook 4540s. i am able to install it sucessfully but i cant manage to get everything work with PBI. On restart i get black screen, if i boot with the usb installeri can access the desktop but i have no sound or battery status if i put config.plist from the usb to efi partition on HD i no more get balck screen on start up.
The troubleshooting is attached. thanks in advance

You neglected to make the correct selections for patching DSDT within the ProBook Installer.

Read the guide carefully.

Make all selections applicable to your hardware (eg. screen type).

you mean selecting the correct laptop model?

you mean selecting the correct laptop model?

That is required before the screen type is visible as an option.

The options required are covered in post #1, guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Don't forget to fill out your profile...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Reinstalled again followed the procedure, started PBI selected model 4x40S, i cant see selection for the screen. Restarted, black screen...
With clover editor if i set 1366x768 i see distorted clover boot screen. Sometimes i see just a glitch all over the screen. I have to use usb to boot and fix back the clover plist.

Reinstalled again followed the procedure, started PBI selected model 4x40S, i cant see selection for the screen. Restarted, black screen...

It is there. Make sure you scroll down and open the option.

Back