Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

I haven't changed anything, so yes. I must have disconnected something while replacing the HD for an SSD. The headphone jack works perfectly fine.

I haven't changed anything, so yes. I must have disconnected something while replacing the HD for an SSD. The headphone jack works perfectly fine.

I suppose could be a hardware problem.

I tried using the 6.3.5.5 version. I still get that installation error. Here are the new troubleshoot files.

Run terminal and run this command, post the result
Code:
ioreg -p IODeviceTree -c IOACPIPlatformDevice -k cpu-type -k clock-frequency | egrep name  | sed -e 's/ *[-|="<a-z>]//g'

Also, post ioreg file.

You can make the installer succeed by deselecting SSDT generator.

No idea. @jalembic neglected to fill out the profile containing hardware details.

System Zbook 15 G2
CPU i7-4810MQ Haswell
Memory 32GB 4x8 SODIMMs
Graphics HD 4600 & NVIDIA Quadro K2100M (2GB GDDR5)

Summary:
Sometimes have artifacts on the screen
No sound
No wifi/bt - ordered recommended NGFF

Will be converting to M.2 SSD and regular SSD soon.

No sound

Run the latest PBI CE again.
Also, you have to do steps in the guide to enable sound.

System Zbook 15 G2
CPU i7-4810MQ Haswell
Memory 32GB 4x8 SODIMMs
Graphics HD 4600 & NVIDIA Quadro K2100M (2GB GDDR5)

Summary:
No sound
No wifi/bt - ordered recommended NGFF

Will be converting to M.2 SSD and regular SSD soon.

Please fix your profile to include bootloader and screen resolution as requested.

I followed the guide two times and own two models of 8460p, same issue than:

look here https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=122308

The problem somehow exists under windows 8 too.

Impossible to run VLC flawless on W8 nether.

The problem appears when using a non GFX accelerated app like VLC. On Win8 VLC stacks completely, impossible to watch a movie without lagging.

On MacOS what i noticed is:

-Problems with deep sleep. (Computer restarts if mouse scrolling to fast at login page waking up).
-And OS freezing when using the Mission control windows browsing during Hi Res Movie back playing using a non GPU accelerated app.

No Mac or MS issues anymore if using a GPU accelerated app (like Quicktime or WMP).

Since i removed AppleGraphicsPowerManagement Yosemite runs flawless but my Battery life is in danger :)

I still want to find a better solution but for sure i installed (three times) my Elitebook and this problems still exists.

Regards.

I followed the guide two times and own two models of 8460p, same issue than:

look here https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=122308

The problem somehow exists under windows 8 too.

Impossible to run VLC flawless on W8 nether.

The problem appears when using a non GFX accelerated app like VLC. On Win8 VLC stacks completely, impossible to watch a movie without lagging.

On MacOS what i noticed is:

-Problems with deep sleep. (Computer restarts if mouse scrolling to fast at login page waking up).
-And OS freezing when using the Mission control windows browsing during Hi Res Movie back playing using a non GPU accelerated app.

No Mac or MS issues anymore if using a GPU accelerated app (like Quicktime or WMP).

Since i removed AppleGraphicsPowerManagement Yosemite runs flawless but my Battery life is in danger :)

I still want to find a better solution but for sure i installed (three times) my Elitebook and this problems still exists.

Regards.

If it exists on both Mac and Windows, it's more like a HW issue.

Did you try update the latest BIOS?

Back