Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

New PBI CE will install kexts to both EFI and /S/L/E

Updates to what? Why do you perceive a change in the procedures?

Let's say 10.10.4 update in the future. Assuming that copying kexts from /EFI to /S/L/E is the 'first step' and eventually there will be no kexts in /EFI anymore (except for the critically required ones), do the kexts in /S/L/E survive an OS update? Does one have to re-do PBI:CE after such an update?

...do the kexts in /S/L/E survive an OS update?

Of course they survive. I don't think Apple would take the extreme measure of removing non-Apple kexts found in /S/L/E. It would wreak havoc for customers with Apple products too.

So what was the initial thought behind putting all the kexts into /EFI folder? Wasn't it about simplifying the OS update process, so that you wouldn't have to re-run Probook Installer?

So what was the initial thought behind putting all the kexts into /EFI folder? Wasn't it about simplifying the OS update process, so that you wouldn't have to re-run Probook Installer?

Nothing to do with updates. It is required to boot the OS X installer (and recovery partition).

Easy updates are made possible with Clover hotpatching of system kernel/kexts.

Nothing to do with updates. It is required to boot the OS X installer (and recovery partition).

Easy updates are made possible with Clover hotpatching of system kernel/kexts.

Alright, thanks.

Is that possible to check which PBI CE version we used? I don't update "things" with new PBI CE versions from long time and I don't remember which one I used and I would like to check it to see what is changed and if is necessary to update.

Thanks.

Back