Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Thank you for your interest in this HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G1 laptop. Attached is the requested zipped H:\EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\origin folder. Can you also recommend the type of the comp I should select in the PBI. I am also good in following instructions and ready to follow your directions. What the config.plist should look like? Laptop has Intel 7260 wifi card, I am planing to replace it with BCM93452Z soon. As of now I have edimax usb wi-fi dongle.

HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1 Laptop
Intel® Core™ i5-4210U with Intel [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]HD [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]Graphics[/FONT][/FONT] 4400 (1.7 GHz, up to 2.7 GHz with Intel [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Turbo [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]Boost [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]Technology[/FONT][/FONT], 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Intel [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]HD[/FONT][/FONT] Graphics 4400
Memory
4 GB 1600 MHz [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]DDR3 [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]SDRAM[/FONT][/FONT] (onboard) + 4 GB 1600 MHz [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]DDR3 [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]SDRAM[/FONT] (installed)[/FONT] <<<< I upgraded it
Hard drive 128 GB mSATA SSD
Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260AN 802.11a/b/g/n (2x2) WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.0 Combo<<<< going to replace it with BCR93452Z.
Please wait a bit.

EDIT: You can use 4x0 G1 option, tell me if it works.

You should make sure your DSDT is recently patched. And then do EC reset...

What does Nullcpupowermanagement.kext exactly do?

I've been suffering from KP/reboot after awake from sleep for weeks.

I did every experiment with various kind of options I could.

Today, I put NCPM in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.10 and unchecked 'Asus AICPM'.

This was my desperate measure before give-up.

All of a sudden, my 4530s works smooth including auto-sleep, speed-step, shutdown, restart...etc.

I've been using OS X since Lion, alway tried to get rid of NCPM to get vanilla.

However, so far, NCPM is best solution I've found for 4530s sleep issue.

What does Nullcpupowermanagement.kext exactly do?

I've been suffering from KP/reboot after awake from sleep for weeks.

I did every experiment with various kind of options I could.

Today, I put NCPM in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.10 and unchecked 'Asus AICPM'.

This was my desperate measure before give-up.

All of a sudden, my 4530s works smooth including auto-sleep, speed-step, shutdown, restart...etc.

I've been using OS X since Lion, alway tried to get rid of NCPM to get vanilla.

However, so far, NCPM is best solution I've found for 4530s sleep issue.

NullCPU disables power management.

You should follow the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

I know that. I alway tried to put it on top priority. vanilla.
However, it seems to have power management. I attached screen shot.

So, I wonder this speed-step and power management can be possible with NCPM.

Anyway, I got solution for sleep issue for now and hope not to face it again.

I left this for those who have same problem with 4530s.

Attachments

• ???? 2015-03-20 ?? 11.23.32.png
    ???? 2015-03-20 ?? 11.23.32.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 80
I know that. I alway tried to put it on top priority. vanilla.
However, it seems to have power management. I attached screen shot.

So, I wonder this speed-step and power management can be possible with NCPM.

Anyway, I got solution for sleep issue for now and hope not to face it again.

I left this for those who have same problem with 4530s.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Here you go.

Attachments

• ???? 2015-03-21 ?? 12.13.41.png
    ???? 2015-03-21 ?? 12.13.41.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 79
  • MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 68
  • DSDT.aml
    42.5 KB · Views: 66
  • SSDT.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 81
  • ???? 2015-03-21 ?? 12.22.01.png
    ???? 2015-03-21 ?? 12.22.01.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 107
Here you go.

Pretty strange that com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement shows loaded when NullCPU is there in ioreg. You would think you'd see org.tgwbd.driver.NullCPUPowerManagement instead. But as far as I can see your kextstat output doesn't correlate with your ioreg.

I think your problems with wake from sleep are more likely caused by the USB BT device (with custom 3rd party drivers) you have installed.

You should test your pstates with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext.

Keep in mind that any kext you install could cause problems with sleep/wake. Even the Intel power gadget components.

Pretty strange that com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement shows loaded when NullCPU is there in ioreg. You would think you'd see org.tgwbd.driver.NullCPUPowerManagement instead. But as far as I can see your kextstat output doesn't correlate with your ioreg.

I think your problems with wake from sleep are more likely caused by the USB BT device (with custom 3rd party drivers) you have installed.

You should test your pstates with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext.

Keep in mind that any kext you install could cause problems with sleep/wake. Even the Intel power gadget components.

I've been using USB dongle which is support OsX out of box (CSR chip, no need 3rd party kext)

Anyway, NCPM doesn't kill whole power management feature, but prevent malfunction concerning sleep.

:)

I did install Yosemite 3 weeks ago, kept your guide, and didn't install any other kexts.

I've been using USB dongle which is support OsX out of box (CSR chip, no need 3rd party kext)

OK... didn't realize it was OS X native...

Anyway, NCPM doesn't kill whole power management feature, but prevent malfunction concerning sleep.

You have weird things going on though regarding your kextstat output vs. ioreg.

If you're not worried, I won't worry either. I think you've got your system configured wrongly though...

I did install Yosemite 3 weeks ago, kept your guide, and didn't install any other kexts.

I don't have a guide for Yosemite.

The Intel power gadget tools install some kexts... I wouldn't be surprised if they interfere with sleep, especially when you combine them with the FakeSMC plugins.

Please wait a bit.

EDIT: You can use 4x0 G1 option, tell me if it works.

Tried 4x0 G1 - laptop did not boot. (used the 2015/3/15 version of HP PBI CE)

Reinstalled Yosemite and selected 6x0/8x0 g1/Zbook - worked very well. Booted , recognized MacBook Pro (Retina, 13 inch Late 2013) with 7.5GB memory, Intel HD Graphics 4400 1536GB. Login screen with full 1600x900 graphics. Looks like sleep works Ok. Webcam works

Sound started to work only after fixing permissions, could be more loud as it was in W7. Speaker button works Ok.
Network is working with Edimax dongle.
iMessage works only partially - messaging is letting to sign in and sends/receives messages. FaceTime cannot sign in.

Trackpad is working but very uncomfortable (it is ForcePad™ – Synaptics), cardreader and fingerprint reader do not work.

Is there any way to make clover start with 1600x900 resolution

Thank you very mach for so good instructions and installer. Please let me know if you need any more detailes

Back