Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

My probook has been quite unstable again since fakesmc roll-back with plugins.

I got several panic without plug-ins.

After EC-reset, it became stable again.

I don't know why, but very bugging.

It's already 3 AM here. :(

I wonder this is from Bios setting or not.

There is two feature concerning cpu in bios.

HT and Vt

I've turn them on. am I right?

Right

I've attached the relevant section from my install.log. Please let me know if there are any problems viewing it, or if I've done something wrong.

Installer can't find/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin/DSDT.aml

Check if the file exists.

If it does not exist, you didn't press F4 correctly.

Installer can't find/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin/DSDT.aml

Check if the file exists.

If it does not exist, you didn't press F4 correctly.

It exists. There are only two ways that I can think of to press F4 - F4 by itself, or fn-F4. Neither produce confirmation that I've done something important from Clover, but then there was never any user feedback for this command.

Pressing F4 by itself stops the boot countdown and requires me to hit Enter to boot. Pressing fn-F4 does not appear to do anything, and the computer boots as normal. Neither one makes a difference to the install process. Same error either way.

Booot from Clover USB, press F4 at Clover screen, then zip the /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin folder and upload here.

Thank you for your interest in this HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G1 laptop. Attached is the requested zipped H:\EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\origin folder. Can you also recommend the type of the comp I should select in the PBI. I am also good in following instructions and ready to follow your directions. What the config.plist should look like? Laptop has Intel 7260 wifi card, I am planing to replace it with BCM93452Z soon. As of now I have edimax usb wi-fi dongle.

HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1 Laptop
Intel® Core™ i5-4210U with Intel [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]HD [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]Graphics[/FONT][/FONT] 4400 (1.7 GHz, up to 2.7 GHz with Intel [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Turbo [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]Boost [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]Technology[/FONT][/FONT], 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Intel [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]HD[/FONT][/FONT] Graphics 4400
Memory
4 GB 1600 MHz [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]DDR3 [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]SDRAM[/FONT][/FONT] (onboard) + 4 GB 1600 MHz [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]DDR3 [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]SDRAM[/FONT] (installed)[/FONT] <<<< I upgraded it
Hard drive 128 GB mSATA SSD
Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260AN 802.11a/b/g/n (2x2) WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.0 Combo<<<< going to replace it with BCR93452Z.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    62.1 KB · Views: 66
My probook has been quite unstable again since fakesmc roll-back with plugins.

I got several panic without plug-ins.

After EC-reset, it became stable again.

I don't know why, but very bugging.

It's already 3 AM here. :(

You should make sure your DSDT is recently patched. And then do EC reset...

It exists. There are only two ways that I can think of to press F4 - F4 by itself, or fn-F4. Neither produce confirmation that I've done something important from Clover, but then there was never any user feedback for this command.

Pressing F4 by itself stops the boot countdown and requires me to hit Enter to boot. Pressing fn-F4 does not appear to do anything, and the computer boots as normal. Neither one makes a difference to the install process. Same error either way.

You must press F4 at the *main Clover GUI*.

You must press F4 at the *main Clover GUI*.

That's when I do it. I promise I'm not saying I press F4 but then doing something different, like filling the speakers with maple syrup or pressing the keys F and then 4 simultaneously while the computer is turned off. I've done this before and this is the first time I've had any issues.

That's when I do it. I promise I'm not saying I press F4 but then doing something different, like filling the speakers with maple syrup or pressing the keys F and then 4 simultaneously while the computer is turned off. I've done this before and this is the first time I've had any issues.

You said you were using F4 to cancel the countdown timer. That pressing of F4 doesn't count. Only F4 at the main clover screen (after you cancel the countdown) will write the files to ACPI/origin.

Back