Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

It's my understanding that the following laptops, listed as being compatible with the HP Probook Installer, feature discrete AMD Radeon HD cards (without Intel graphics):

6x60b/8x60p
6x70b/8x70p

Please correct me if the above statements I made are incorrect.

Since the installer lists these models as being "supported", will a user who runs the Probook Installer on one of these previously mentioned models get full QE/CI graphics acceleration support under OS X?

Thanks.

This is what I read "* HP Elitebook 8x70p/Probook 6x70b with AMD 7570M/7650M is experimentally supported"

So, I would expect support for such models is a work-in-progress, and you should expect issues that you may need to help in resolving.

Hi i have an elitebook 9470m, i would create a "portable" on an USB stick.
Is it possible? Are there different steps to follow? Or just i should consider my USB stick like a HDD?

thanks
Max

Hi i have an elitebook 9470m, i would create a "portable" on an USB stick.
Is it possible? Are there different steps to follow? Or just i should consider my USB stick like a HDD?

thanks
Max

USB sticks are pretty slow, but provided it is large enough it should be possible...

Is the EliteBook 820 G1 a good candidate for hackintosh w/ this installer? Everything working including sleep? Looking for a super vanilla setup, trying to avoid voodoohda too if possible

Is the EliteBook 820 G1 a good candidate for hackintosh w/ this installer? Everything working including sleep? Looking for a super vanilla setup, trying to avoid voodoohda too if possible

A Macbook Air will be a better candidate, considering same price with same configuration.

A Macbook Air will be a better candidate, considering same price with same configuration.

+1.

Many of these laptops are approaching MacBookAir prices. And they don't deserve the price, as the quality is not on par with the Apple product (quite frankly, there are very few PC laptops that can compare to the Apple MBA). Especially true if you want to run OS X...

What would you personally recommend? I need a new laptop to run Windows aswell anyway might aswell get the most os x friendly since that's what I'll be using for non-work...

Already have a desktop build, know my way around with bootloaders and dsdts and comfty playing in terminal, but I want stability... something where I have no option but voodoohda would be a dealbreaker:beachball:

What would you personally recommend? I need a new laptop to run Windows aswell anyway might aswell get the most os x friendly since that's what I'll be using for non-work...

MacBook Air. It can run Windows too.

Back