Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

After every sleep wake cycle, usb mouse stucks after every few seconds and the problem persists if i restart. It only fixes itself if i do a full shutdown and start. Secondly the USB 3 port on the left side doesn't work unless and until i have something plugged into it during boot time.
Rehabman, can you help me fix this issue? What files should i share for debugging these issues?

Edit: After reading (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-yosemite/148537-trouble-usb-probook-4530s.html) I have fixed the usb mouse stucking issue by installing the optional BTFirmware.. kext, but USB 3 problem remains.

It is a known problem with GenericUSBXHCI.kext. And Zenith432 has no time to work on it...

If you really need USB3, go back to Mavericks.

Something very strange here. Any version of Clover after 2972 slowing down significantly my machine. No idea why though.

Something very strange here. Any version of Clover after 2972 slowing down significantly my machine. No idea why though.

Slowing down what, specifically?

All the programs opening very slowly, slow opening of a new window, like there is a process in the background, that demands a lot of resources. Lag in every operation. After going back to 2972 all goes normal.

All the programs opening very slowly, slow opening of a new window, like there is a process in the background, that demands a lot of resources. Lag in every operation. After going back to 2972 all goes normal.

If you want me to look at it...

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Lol, the v3022 if off now. Default update version is 3021. I'll post zip after restart.

EDIT: Attached Zip.

13 2 0xffffff7f824da000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
21 0 0xffffff7f82185000 0x2b000 0x2b000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>
30 0 0xffffff7f82180000 0x3000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

i've installed Clover r3021 (revised i presume) and so far is going very well.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    409.8 KB · Views: 46
Hi there! 1st of all I can confirm that I had the exact same problem & I fixed it with the exact same patch/kext & I'm now at the exact same stage i.e. no USB3 unless I boot with USB3 plugged in.

Second, I was wondering if can enable the VGA or HDMI port on my 4530s, HD3000??
I'd like to do my next presentation on Keynote :)

After every sleep wake cycle, usb mouse stucks after every few seconds and the problem persists if i restart. It only fixes itself if i do a full shutdown and start. Secondly the USB 3 port on the left side doesn't work unless and until i have something plugged into it during boot time.
Rehabman, can you help me fix this issue? What files should i share for debugging these issues?

Edit: After reading (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-yosemite/148537-trouble-usb-probook-4530s.html) I have fixed the usb mouse stucking issue by installing the optional BTFirmware.. kext, but USB 3 problem remains.

Second, I was wondering if can enable the VGA or HDMI port on my 4530s, HD3000?

I'm using 4330s HD 3000 with HDMI monitor plugged in and cover closed almost all the time. Just plug in your HDMI/VGA monitor/projector. Both ports working fine.

Yeah I searched around for that & got it working. by pressing "alt" at Displays in System Preferences :thumbup:
Anyway thanks for the reply.

There is one more thing though when booting with I get proper resolution at both clover screen & when OS X is fully booted however in between when the Apple logo is loading stuff the display is stretched supposedly to the default 1024*786 instead of my 1366*786. Any fix/config for that??

There is one more thing though when booting with I get proper resolution at both clover screen & when OS X is fully booted however in between when the Apple logo is loading stuff the display is stretched supposedly to the default 1024*786 instead of my 1366*786. Any fix/config for that??

This has been discussed to death around here. Answer is No for the 4530s with standard screen.

Back