Contribute
Register

HP Probook 5330m graphics - Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you choose 8x60p/6x60b? Those laptop use IDT 7605.

You can try HP-branded Broadcom 43224, I think it's in your whitelist.

I wans't know about IDT7605, I will try now.
Thank's

Looks to me like the 5330m is much like a "Sandy Bridge 8x70b/6x70b/8x60p". You could get away with installing the "OS X Support Kexts" for "6x60b/8x60p", and the corresponding DSDT patches. Maybe the ProBook Installer descriptions should be changed to show this "5x30m" with the "6x60b/8x60p" group.

Thanx a lot RehabMan! This intallation-method worked fine on my ProBook 5330m (details see below) with 10.10.0

After installing Yosemite with a "clover-bootstick" and "HP ProBook Installer Clover Edition" with 6x60b/8x60p-settings, I only had to change the following lines in config.plist because of the screen-settings (dual / four-times screen) :

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
</dict>

to:

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>DualLink</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>

After that procedure the following hardware is running fine:

- Display
- Trackpad & keyboard
- Sound incl. speakers
- SD-card slot
- Ethernet port
- Sleep & wakeup (incl. closing screen)
- USB

Updating to 10.10.3 worked out of the box.

For me, the easiest hackintosh-installation ever. Thanx to all supporters & kind regards!

P.S. My configuration: i3 2310m @2.1GHz / 4GB RAM / 6-Series C200 Chipset / Intel HD 3000 Graphics (8086 0116)

Thanx a lot RehabMan! This intallation-method worked fine on my ProBook 5330m (details see below) with 10.10.0

After installing Yosemite with a "clover-bootstick" and "HP ProBook Installer Clover Edition" with 6x60b/8x60p-settings, I only had to change the following lines in config.plist because of the screen-settings (dual / four-times screen) :

Probably because you selected the wrong option for screen type when you patched DSDT.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back