Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB 1366 x 768
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I find that when I reboot my machine, my graphics reverts to a poor resolution (1024 x 640). I've attempted to install the Intel HD3000 Kexts into /System/Library/Extensions and run the kext utility to load them.
I can then get the graphics working on reboot, but if I reboot again the graphics unload.

Sorry, I'm a newb :(

Hi,

I find that when I reboot my machine, my graphics reverts to a poor resolution (1024 x 640). I've attempted to install the Intel HD3000 Kexts into /System/Library/Extensions and run the kext utility to load them.
I can then get the graphics working on reboot, but if I reboot again the graphics unload.

Sorry, I'm a newb :(

There is no need install any HD3000 kexts. They are already provided by OS X.

Have you patched your DSDT with the Probook patches? Did you use the ProBook Installer?

[SOLVED] HP Probook 5330m graphics - Mavericks

I did use the installer, but as you know the laptop isn't defined in the installer, so I selected the sandy bridge model.

I removed the installed kexts that I installed and it's all working now. So we can mark this as solved..

TD;DR: don't mess

Attached :) Hope this helps

Looks to me like the 5330m is much like a "Sandy Bridge 8x70b/6x70b/8x60p". You could get away with installing the "OS X Support Kexts" for "6x60b/8x60p", and the corresponding DSDT patches.

Maybe the ProBook Installer descriptions should be changed to show this "5x30m" with the "6x60b/8x60p" group.

After a lot of week of try and the help of Rehabman, I can help 5330m user:

Install with -x flag
After reboot with dart=0 -v -f
Use the probook installer select 4x30 kext, edid, profile color,etc
Then with kext wizard install AppleHDA for 5330m, Re install original AppleGraphicsSNB (dual screen problemes), re install AppleIntelE1000e.kext ver 2.4.14 (Freesing problemes).
If somebody use atheros wifi card like me, install Fanreset.dylib with whitelist remover from rehabman.
It's fast reply if somebody need help, contact me.

Attachments

• AppleHDA_7605.kext.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 133
  • AppleIntelE1000e.kext.2.4.14.zip
    124.5 KB · Views: 122
  • RehabMan-Fanreset-2012-0922.dylib.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 113
After a lot of week of try and the help of Rehabman, I can help 5330m user:

Install with -x flag
After reboot with dart=0 -v -f
Use the probook installer select 4x30 kext, edid, profile color,etc
Then with kext wizard install AppleHDA for 5330m, Re install original AppleGraphicsSNB (dual screen problemes), re install AppleIntelE1000e.kext ver 2.4.14 (Freesing problemes).
If somebody use atheros wifi card like me, install Fanreset.dylib with whitelist remover from rehabman.
It's fast reply if somebody need help, contact me.

Why don't you choose 8x60p/6x60b? Those laptop use IDT 7605.

You can try HP-branded Broadcom 43224, I think it's in your whitelist.

Why don't you choose 8x60p/6x60b? Those laptop use IDT 7605.

You can try HP-branded Broadcom 43224, I think it's in your whitelist.

+1.

Like I stated in post #7. I think we could update the text in the ProBook Installer to help guide here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back