Contribute
Register

HP Probook 470 G2 (L7Z66EA#ABF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To fix garbled screen, not brightness

Brightness fix often fixes other problems such as the garbled screen...

Also... try different (valid) ig-platform-id values...

Where can I find the old blinkscreen ? I've only found reference to a SSDT.aml file to be put in /Extra, which doesn't look very clover-like.
When I have time, I'll try other ig-platform-id but it looks like I'd have to test every DVMT BIOS settings with each ig-platform-id. I'll look into this in the future, probably, but i'd like to get my laptop to work correctly before I go back to work.

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    62.2 KB · Views: 83
Where can I find the old blinkscreen ? I've only found reference to a SSDT.aml file to be put in /Extra, which doesn't look very clover-like.
When I have time, I'll try other ig-platform-id but it looks like I'd have to test every DVMT BIOS settings with each ig-platform-id. I'll look into this in the future, probably, but i'd like to get my laptop to work correctly before I go back to work.

Nothing in ACPI/patched, therefore no CPU PM, no backlight implementation, etc.

It's the original ACPI of my HD EFI partition.

I just fixed the battery by patching DSDT and installing the ACPIBatteryManager.kext.I had to modify battery_HP-ProBook-4x0s-G1.txt to get past one error when compiling with iasl.

Code:
@@ -122,6 +122,7 @@ into_all method label GBTI code_regex \(BSN, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2 (BSN
into_all method label BTST code_regex \(BPR, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2 (BPR0, BPR1), end;
into_all method label GBTI code_regex \(BPR, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2 (BPR0, BPR1), end;
into_all method label BTST code_regex \(BRC, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2 (BRC0, BRC1), end;
[b][color=red]into_all method label BTST code_regex \(BCR, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2 (BCR0, BCR1), end;[/color][/b]
into_all method label GBTI code_regex \(BRC, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2 (BRC0, BRC1), end;
into_all method label GBTI code_regex \(BCR, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2 (BCR0, BCR1), end;
into_all method label BTST code_regex \(BPV, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2 (BPV0, BPV1), end;

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    88.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
It's the original ACPI of my HD EFI partition.

I just fixed the battery by patching DSDT and installing the ACPIBatteryManager.kext.I had to modify battery_HP-ProBook-4x0s-G1.txt to get past one error when compiling with iasl.

Code:
@@ -122,6 +122,7 @@ into_all method label GBTI code_regex \(BSN, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2 (BSN
into_all method label BTST code_regex \(BPR, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2 (BPR0, BPR1), end;
into_all method label GBTI code_regex \(BPR, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2 (BPR0, BPR1), end;
into_all method label BTST code_regex \(BRC, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2 (BRC0, BRC1), end;
[b][color=red]into_all method label BTST code_regex \(BCR, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2 (BCR0, BCR1), end;[/color][/b]
into_all method label GBTI code_regex \(BRC, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2 (BRC0, BRC1), end;
into_all method label GBTI code_regex \(BCR, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2 (BCR0, BCR1), end;
into_all method label BTST code_regex \(BPV, replaceall_matched begin (B1B2 (BPV0, BPV1), end;

Current ProBook battery patch is here: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch

Thx. I corrected my mistake. This patch worked without any pb.

Hello,

Update 15aug2015.2
  • Checked webcam: doesn't work (maybe related to some USB stuff; will check the threads on this subject later)

had the same problem with my 430 G2. I deactivated the camera in UEFI/BIOS, then booted up, did again a reboot and activated the camera again. After next OS X start the camera was working without any problem.

Will check that.

blink screen fixed my garbled login window. There's certainly a cleaner solution but it will do for now (I'm lagging seriously behind my planned developments).
I have to fiddle with the plist to run it only once after boot, not when I login too, etc. I still plan to play with the ig-platform-id, but I'll play with that at work during some boring useless conf call (I guess I'll have a lot of them when I get back to work ...)
Now, time to get some sound. Maybe I'll start my Ubuntu USB to get some informations as suggested by RehabMan.

Got the audio codec dump from linux (hope it's the good stuff).
Will scan the forum to find some information to make it work.

Attachments

• CodecDump.zip
    3 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back