HP ProBook 470 G2 (Clover)
CPU
i7-5500U/M73
Graphics
HD5500, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I start this thread to report on my progress installing Yosemite on my Probook 470 G2 (L7Z66EA#ABF).
As said in another thread, this appears to be a "9-series" machine and is not yet supported by PB CI.

It was installed by following the classic Clover UEFI method.

I did a manual installation of clover on the disks EFI partition: straight copy of my USB EFI directory to the HD's EFI partition.

Latest Update 25aug2015.1
  • Ran 7 El Cap updates from the App Store without any problem.
  • Successfully changed the wifi card for my old atheros.

Update 17aug2015.2
  • Sleep works perfectly. Ran 5 El Cap updates from the App Store without any problem.

Update 17aug2015.1
  • Used pokenguyen latest PBI CE (6.4.0 beta) and everything worked well right after the mandatory reboot, at least in my usual use of the machine.

Update 16aug2015.2
  • Battery manager works. Patched DSDT with a slightly modified from RehabMan's Laptop-DSDT-Patch/battery/battery_HP-ProBook-4x0s-G1.txt file (see attached file). Installed ACPIBatteryManager.kext, reboot and battery is correctly managed now.

Update 16aug2015.1
  • Applied this patch to my DSDT. Had to manually move edit the DSDT.dsl decompiled by aisle

Code:
    $ diff /Users/zedoude/Projects/DSDT/DSDT.dsl /Users/zedoude/Projects/DSDT/DSDT_error_corrected.dsl 
    42a43
    >     External (_SB_.ISCT, UnknownObj)
    58d58
    <     External (_SB_.ISCT, UnknownObj)
    $
    Then I applied Rehabman's patch, installed the ACPIBacklight.kext and reboot. The backlight buttons work now, the the screen is still garbled until the display off trick is played. I think I also need the fix suggested by pokenguyen.

Update 15aug2015.2
  • Verified all 4 USB ports work.
  • Checked webcam: doesn't work (maybe related to some USB stuff; will check the threads on this subject later)
  • DL'ing Xcode 7 as 6.4 isn't allowed to run on El Capitan :/
  • Next step is probably fixing the garbled screen and the battery management.

Update 15aug2015.1
  • I installed the latest 10.11 available (hence an admin should probably move this topic to the right forum sub-section) but haven't started yet anything specific to 10.11
  • Took the config.plist from HELP NEEDED: HP Probook 430 G2 Broadwell post. I just added the the verbose boot option by default (old habits don't die easily).
  • set 0x16260006 with 64 for VRAM in the "Graphics" tab with "Clover Configurator". Currently using the Prebook to see if this setup doesn't hang or otherwise fails to behave properly.

Works
  • all 4 USB ports work.
  • Pad
  • Battery.
  • Sound. (ALC287).
  • Webcam
  • Wifi (took my old atheros from my 4530s).
  • Video, though the screen is garbled until I put the screen to sleep and wake it up (using the old blink screen program).
    update set 0x16260006 with 64 for VRAM in the "Graphics" tab with "Clover Configurator". Currently using the Prebook to see if this setup doesn't hang or otherwise fails to behave properly.

Half Works

Doesn't work
  • Bluetooth (my old atheros wifi doesn't handle bluetooth)
  • CPU improperly identified as i5; I don't care if it doesn't break anything else.

Attachments

• battery_HP-ProBook-470-G2-L7Z66EA#ABF.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Hello,

I start this thread to report on my progress installing Yosemite on my Probook 470 G2 (L7Z66EA#ABF).
As said in another thread, this appears to be a "9-series" machine and is not yet supported by PB CI.

It was installed by following the classic Clover UEFI method.

I did a manual installation of clover on the disks EFI partition: straight copy of my USB EFI directory to the HD's EFI partition.

At this moment, Yosemite boots, but graphics are choppy, same with mouse movements, etc.

Works
Bluetooth
Pad
Webcam

Half Works
Video, though the screen is garbled until I put the screen to sleep and wake it up.
I set up the DVMT at 64MB and ig-platform-id to 0x16160000; this combo works after the sleep screen trick.

Doesn't work
Wifi (will need to change the wifi card): it's an Intel component and doesn't seem to be recognized at this moment ?
Freezes after some time unattended: seems linked to power management, under investigation.
CPU "Unknown"
Sound: it is an intel chipset, dunno what driver to use with it.
No battery detected.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Here it is.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 112
Here it is.

Try with ig-platform-id 0x16260006 instead of 0x16160002.

Also, you have much work to do. Most of it is covered/linked in the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Some notes:
- only minor tweak required for battery status (already pushed to ProBook repo), apply patch and install ACPIBatteryManager.kext. Probook patch repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch
- your graphics hang may be known problem in Yosemite (try 10.11 beta)
- Intel WiFi/BT needs to be replaced
- power management not implemented
- need audio codec dump from Linux
- try with HFSPlus.efi (instead of VboxHfs) as it would be nice to know whether this Broadwell laptop has issues with it
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext should be avoided
- your config.plist is corrupt (you must not be actually using this EFI/Clover config)
Code:
Speedy-OSX:CLOVER RehabMan$ plutil -lint config.plist
config.plist: Encountered unknown tag yes on line 436

Corrected the bad tag in config.plist (bad handmade editing ;p)
Working on the rest. Thanks a*lot for your input.

All 4 USB work.
One the garbled screen is corrected by putting the screen to sleep once, it works just fine. I've spent several hours working on it without freeze.
Downloading Xcode 7 and working on fixing more items.

One the garbled screen is corrected by putting the screen to sleep once, it works just fine. I've spent several hours working on it without freeze.

Implement backlight control.

All 4 USB work.
Downloading Xcode 7 and working on fixing more items.
For garbled screen, did you try UEFI Hybrid mode?

I think ancient blinkscreen can be used again.

press f4 at clover screen, then give me /efi/clover/acpi/origin

is your audio realtek alc282?

For garbled screen, did you try UEFI Hybrid mode?

I think ancient blinkscreen can be used again.

press f4 at clover screen, then give me /efi/clover/acpi/origin

is your audio realtek alc282?

blinkscreen is not needed. Patches for Haswell backlight+ACPIBacklight.kext work on Broadwell.

blinkscreen is not needed. Patches for Haswell backlight+ACPIBacklight.kext work on Broadwell.
To fix garbled screen, not brightness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back