Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4540s.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if webcam cable carries USB data?

Most likely. Pinout may be the problem. How to find out? See the tricks used here.

Edit: For general USB: Have a look at the USB entries of System Profiler.

RehabMan, could I ask you to kimdly comment again on the thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/95643-half-mini-pcie-bluetooth-4540s-2.html, which will save me a lot of time and possibly others too. Thanks.

I wasn't sure what you were asking there, so I didn't respond. I imagine you'll find out whether any additional configuration data needs to go into the Info.plist for IOath3kfrmwr.kext when you get the card (as you'll be looking in System Information USB to see...). It is likely it will be covered by already existing IDs (there are currently three).

Did a google search for 50.4RY03.001 and it shows up on one site for $55!! It seems someone purchased it on the same day that we found out the part #. Hopefully it was from a member here - please let us know how it works.
Man I really think that is too much for the cable since I had already purchased the 4730s cable thinking that it would work on the 4540s :(

I wasn't sure what you were asking there, so I didn't respond. I imagine you'll find out whether any additional configuration data needs to go into the Info.plist for IOath3kfrmwr.kext when you get the card (as you'll be looking in System Information USB to see...). It is likely it will be covered by already existing IDs (there are currently three).

Cool, thanks, you have just laid the pebbles out clearly.

Did a google search for 50.4RY03.001 and it shows up on one site for $55!! [ ... ] Man I really think that is too much for the cable

Definitely.

Maybe some Japanese friend could help you out here. If "¥80.00" is the price, there'd be room for shipping costs and a gift for a thank you.

Definitely.

Maybe some Japanese friend could help you out here. If "¥80.00" is the price, there'd be room for shipping costs and a gift for a thank you.

I don't see any of the products there say HP. The one closest to it is a dell but doesn't say REV: B1 so I can't be sure it is the same exact compatible cable.

BTW, do you have a "Japanese Friend" that could buy us all the cable? :)

I don't see any of the products there say HP. The one closest to it is a dell but doesn't say REV: B1 so I can't be sure it is the same exact compatible cable.

For that price (if it is the price, then) it's worth trying. BTW, I have not checked that page more closely (my cable came with my ProBook :) ), maybe running it through Google translate can give more clues?

BTW, do you have a "Japanese Friend" that could buy us all the cable? :)

Unfortunately not.

When I hibernate Windows and then power on again, I get the Chameleon bootloader. Windows appears to pick up from where left off, i.e. with previous Internet Explorer tabs open for example and doesn't complain about an uncontrolled power down, so I am assuming everything is OK.

The question i am asking is whether this is normal behaviour for a hackintoshed Probook, in particular the reiappearance each time of Chameleon. What would happen if I clicked on the ML icon after wakeup from a Windows hibernation rather than clicking on the Windows icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back