Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4540s.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it would suffice to let Windows do the initial formatting. Still not safe?

Initial formatting of what?

My understanding is that exFAT implementation runs into issues if you delete files from OS X. It corrupts the volume. I've never had it happen to me, but there are widespread reports (and on real Macs too).

Initial formatting of what?

My understanding is that exFAT implementation runs into issues if you delete files from OS X. It corrupts the volume. I've never had it happen to me, but there are widespread reports (and on real Macs too).

Initial formatting of the exFat partition. But I think you are much more learned than me -- I'll stay away from exFat. Thanks!

If my probook is connected to external display via HDMI (mirror mode), is it possible to turn off the notebook display without closing the lid? Is there an app for that?

Guys, I ran into a problem... This is what happens:

My particular model is ProBook 4540s B6N94EA with Intel-Core i5-2450 and HD4000 (although I don't know how a Sandy Bridge CPU has HD4000, I thought it was only for Ivy Bridge). Any ideas, please? I used this guide http://blog.inqix.com/2013/01/insta...-or-how-to-get-a-macbook-pro-for-13-the-price

That guide is really out-dated. Try to use the newest installer and make sure you're using Mac App Store purchased ML.

In addition, you do not have HD4000 -- since you have Sandy CPU, you have HD3000. The graphics capability is in CPU silicon.

Strangely enough, all websites in my country report that model with a HD4000... I know the graphics chip is embedded in the CPU.
Ok, thanks, I'll try...

I have an almost 100% successful 10.8.3 installation on my 4540s thanks to the community.

little issue, volume control is not linear. I mean when controlling the volume, if i move the slider down a little, volume reduces nearly to 0 even before moving it down passing the center of the slider. So i always have to keep the slider in 100% volume position. Moving it down a little makes the volume level nearly to 0%. Any fix? Does any one else have the same issue?

Can't boot on usb

Hi guys !

I've just received my 4540s (C4Y99EA) and tried to install ML.
But the first step is already a bad begining for me : I do not succeed in booting on usb !
it only ask me to boot on efi file, or Network !

what's the missing thing according to you ?

thanks your help to a noob...

Hi guys !

I've just received my 4540s (C4Y99EA) and tried to install ML.
But the first step is already a bad begining for me : I do not succeed in booting on usb !
it only ask me to boot on efi file, or Network !

what's the missing thing according to you ?

thanks your help to a noob...

You have to enable legacy boot in BIOS options (CSM?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back