Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4540s.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone do an video bios dump for ATI 7650m with GPUZ, i'm trying to enable it but i don't have windows to do that video bios dump :)

Tell me the steps i'll follow n upload the dump. (y)

In my 4540s 10.8.3 normally sounds work even after sleep. But sometimes suddenly sounds stop working after sleep. When i restart problem disappears. Any idea?

Y is this thread silent? :(

Well... I don't know how but it does boot on usb. But annoying is not finished ! After I've launched the installer, I see the Apple logo and an animated circle for 30 seconds approx. The it disappears and let the screen black without any living sign...

Is that normal ? Nothing happens !

Hey dude, exact same issue on my 4540s. Load screen, then black. I suspect the display output changes to the HDMI. What version 4540s do you have? Mine is the H5U86EA#ABU .

If you plug in the HDMI into the laptop then to a TV/etc the screen magically turns back on and the laptop works perfectly.

Even after taking the HDMI back out the display remains on. Each time it is turned on though you need to plug in the HDMI. Attempting a few things myself but no luck so far. I have created a thread for similar people with our issue. Unless of course you found a solution?

Does the mic input @ front side work with your 4540s ?
Mine doesn't, I plug a mic in but Audio MIDI setup doesn't recognise any devices.
Craigrox's 4340s got this audio input working, though.

Mine doesn't, I plug a mic in but Audio MIDI setup doesn't recognise any devices.

One the 4x30s we have to use a stereo input. Have you tried that (mono -> stereo) adapter?

I plugged in a guitar via a simple stereo line cable and it worked without any great problems in garagaband. So, it works for me.

But - if I got it right - you try to see a Microphone in Audio MIDI setup? Isn't MIDI just available for "real" digital devices via USB etc?

One the 4x30s we have to use a stereo input. Have you tried that (mono -> stereo) adapter?
Did you mean this ?
pRS1C-2264894w345.jpg
I'm going to find one and try.

@jojosch: it's just my way to determine any input devices recognised. Preferences/Audio/Input doesn't show any input signal, either.

Did you mean this ?
View attachment 57967
I'm going to find one and try.

@jojosch: it's just my way to determine any input devices recognised. Preferences/Audio/Input doesn't show any input signal, either.

Make sure it is mono -> stereo, not stereo -> mono.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back