Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4540s with i5-2450

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I tried to make a new DSDT with ProBook Installer Beta 11 and then to try with Beta 9 but nothing has changed. Without a DSDT I can't get the external Display to work. I will now try to reinstall MacOS.

In the meantime - is there any other way to make the internal webcam to work other than using CamTwist?

Edit: This is really strange. I reinstalled MacOS and setup everything using the newest ProBook Installer. Then, when I plug in the external monitor via HDMI and select the option to synch the desktop, everything gets stretched to fill the external screen. But when I plug in the external monitor via VGA, reboot and again select the option to synch the desktop, the problem I described earlier occurs again. So, when I plug in HDMI again, it's now the same as it is for VGA...

Edit: This is really strange. I reinstalled MacOS and setup everything using the newest ProBook Installer. Then, when I plug in the external monitor via HDMI and select the option to synch the desktop, everything gets stretched to fill the external screen. But when I plug in the external monitor via VGA, reboot and again select the option to synch the desktop, the problem I described earlier occurs again. So, when I plug in HDMI again, it's now the same as it is for VGA...

Keep in mind VGA is kind of sketchy and not really supported by OS X. Personally, I'd avoid it.

Ok, nevermind - I din't noticed that there is a option to set the external monitor as the main screen... It seems to be working now, also with VGA. Thanks for the help!

But is there a solution for the internal webcam beside using CamTwist?

But is there a solution for the internal webcam beside using CamTwist?

Mine works without issue to the limited extent that I use it (almost never). But I'm sure the 4540s has a different webcam than the 4530s... because even the 4530s varies in which webcam you get. Some work better than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back