Graphics
Ati HD7650M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, I'm very new to hackintosh and I want to try install Mac OSx Mountain Lion on my recently bought HP Probook 4540s with an Sandy Bridge i5-2450 but Mobile Intel® HM76 Express Chipset.

I want to keep my Windows Installation and partions and in the end I want to simply select the operation system I want to boot.

Can I simply make another partition and an setup USB Stick with Unibeast and install it to the new partition?

I hope you can understand and help me. Thanks a lot!

Hi jojosch!

For all I know, the 4540s isn't hacked, yet. This also means that the common installation methods for last year's 4530s can't be applied.

One strategy to deal with this - if you're not experienced with hackintoshing - would be to wait a few more weeks, hoping that the hackintosh overlords will eventually come up with a solution and pour their divine knowledge into the Probook Installer.

Alright, thanks for your answer! So I'm going to wait and follow the progress. I would be very glad if there will be an easy guide so set up a working Mac OSx. So thanks to all developmers!

I just wanna ask if there is something new? So I mean if there is anything like an easy Setup Tutorial for my configuration in the first post. Or isn't it full hackable yet? Thanks for your answers!

Hello, you can use probook Installer as well. use 5.x last version. Then you must choose only appropriate options from installer - don't choose if you don't know what does it means. Select main system 10.8 if you start with 10.8, than select SSDT for you cpu, please don't use proposed DSDT's because you can't find your dsdt there. Select all tools and other patches as well as you can read form description and choose witch is more appropriate for your config. You must make your own dsdt and apply separate patches from this thread - please find this one from RehabMan. He make patches and instructions how to apply patches. After making you own dsdt you can get video, usb 2.0, battery, and other staff fully working. But you can't get wifi to work if you have ar9485 - there is no solution for this card yet. Please use usb dongle or other card - be sure that HP have whitelisting in bios so you can't install any card - only some special models from some vendors.

To get FF ML you need wifi and USB 3.0 intel controller driver - I can't get usb 3.0 with intel controller to work properly. 3-d party usb 3.0 drivers works only in usb 2.0 mode.

Thanks for your answer! And is it also possible to simply make a new partion and keep the existing Windows installation and install Mac OSx in the new partition?

Thanks for your answer! And is it also possible to simply make a new partion and keep the existing Windows installation and install Mac OSx in the new partition?

Yes, but you lose windows bootloader - you will bw with Chimera. I made a ghost image of full disk from factory to be able to restore if any, that I've installed from scratch. Use maybe Gparted to cut the piece of you existing space and install osx on it.

I feel sorry for asking but is it possible to integrate the existing Windows installation after installing Chimera & MacOSx?

yes. You will have to partition the disk into 3 parts using Mac disk utility.

Hi there! I think we should team up for this hackintosh thing. I too have a Sandy Bridge processor with Intel HD 3000 on Probook 4540S.

Have you tried the ProBook installer, and what options did you select? Do you have graphics working?

I got mine working (graphics+sound+touchpad), but it was very unstable. If you need any help, I'm available at iMessage [email protected]

Hello, I'm very new to hackintosh and I want to try install Mac OSx Mountain Lion on my recently bought HP Probook 4540s with an Sandy Bridge i5-2450 but Mobile Intel® HM76 Express Chipset.

I want to keep my Windows Installation and partions and in the end I want to simply select the operation system I want to boot.

Can I simply make another partition and an setup USB Stick with Unibeast and install it to the new partition?

I hope you can understand and help me. Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back