Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4530s Mountain Lion process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Successful install for me today, using the 5B8R2 installer and the kexts on the first page, third post.
Everything works, just upon startup my screen resolution is messed up as I have the 1080p screen.
Sleep, wake, bluetooth works, no graphic glitches and AirMirror works great!
Happy camper here

Got most of the things installed, but there is slight issue with wifi - it seems to be on, but can't see any networks (whereas other devices can).
Used Probook Installer 5.1b1
Atheros 9285

Any ideas?

Hey Guys,

I get stuck at the really begining of the installation, it says that I can't install ML on an freshly formatted Hard Drive. Currently I haven't any OS X installation on the ProBook.

So I got two questions:

.Does the OS X Mountain Lion installation require an (working) OS X?
.If so, how can i get a Lion installation (couldn't find the Lion App in the AppStore?)

Thanks and Greets

//Specs: HP ProBook 4350s - i5-2450M - BIOS: F.0A

Hey Guys,

I get stuck at the really begining of the installation, it says that I can't install ML on an freshly formatted Hard Drive. Currently I haven't any OS X installation on the ProBook.

So I got two questions:

.Does the OS X Mountain Lion installation require an (working) OS X?
.If so, how can i get a Lion installation (couldn't find the Lion App in the AppStore?)

Thanks and Greets

//Specs: HP ProBook 4350s - i5-2450M - BIOS: F.0A

You need to use a OS X Lion installed Mac in order to purchase the Lion upgrade from the AppStore and then run the Unibeast installer to create a bootable Unibeast USB installer.

There are plenty of downloads from illegal places on the internet but they won't work with the Unibeast per instructions.

thanks guys...

2. I have no way to test the Express Card/34 slot so not sure if anyone is getting this working.

Express Card/34 slot is working, I got OWC Slim ExpressCard to eSATA Adapter and it works.

Got most of the things installed, but there is slight issue with wifi - it seems to be on, but can't see any networks (whereas other devices can).
Used Probook Installer 5.1b1
Atheros 9285

Any ideas?
Hardware wi-fi switch seems to work not that well, I booted into ubuntu live cd, turned wifi off then on, then booted into mac os and voila, wi-fi works.

Made a bigger process on Mountain Lion in my ProBook 4530s, here's the status:

My specifications:

HP ProBook 4530s: i3-2350M, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 4GB RAM.

What's working and what's not:
1. Graphics are 100% working with no bugs/glitches
2. All USB 2.0 ports are working
3. Camera working
4. Keyboard basic buttons are working, but not the functions
5. Trackpad works but detected as Mouse and multi gestures doesn't work
6. Audio not working
7. Battery precentage is not showing in the top bar
8. All packages installations fails, everything.
9. Wifi does not work (I have Realtek wifi card so it's not supported)
10. Bluetooth does not work
11. Microphone does not work
12. USB 3.0 not working

NOTE: Installed using Unibeast 1.5 and used some manual drivers and Installer v5.0b1 and the system is running really smooth.

Now we just need to get the other things working so we can make the new installer that 100% works, please share your thoughts and kexts :p

Okay, when i take the kexts you are have to use (for usb 3.0) usb 3.0 worked perfect, because my bluetooth stop working. when i take the original kexts iousbmassstorageclass.kext & iousbfamily.kext my bluetooth work but usb 3.0 not?!?!?!?!?!?!

can anybody help please

Proobook 4730s, i7 2670qm, intel hd3000, identify as mac 10,1 Retina ;-), with 8gb ram and 1tb hdd.

use definition 8.2 macbook

Guys, i need a help.

My Laptop is HP DV6 6b02tx. Spec - Core i5 - 2340M - 4gb DDR3- 500 GB HDD - ATI 6770M - Intel HD.

I have installed ML in the laptop but the prob is that Laptop keyboard and mouse is not working.

As Probook got similar spec as my DV6 I was wondering if Probook installer keyboard and mouse fix will work on DV6 6b02tx as well?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back