Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4530s Mountain Lion process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, for everyone asking! Tomorrow, I'll release a new version of the installer that will be 100% working with all drivers and for all ProBooks. With video on youtube on how to use it :D

UniBeast won't Boot

hi all,
I was wondering if anybody had any ideas for a solution to my conundrum.
Here it is... I have a hp Probook 4530s. I have a working lion install that i used to run unibeast from. I have the official ML .app file in my applications folder. Unibeast runs successfully when installing to my USB drive. When I boot from it, however, it goes to the boot loader ok, but as soon as I tell it to boot, the white apple screen flashes, and the computer reboots. I have tried booting with flags -x -f -v, -x -v, -f -v, and -x -f to no avail. same result each time. I am fairly certain my bios settings are correct, as lion boots ok. I even tried using chameleon on my HD to boot the USB drive, but it gave me the same result. Is my .app corrupt? or am i installing something wrong? Also, I re-formatted and re-installed UniBeast multiple times, trying different combinations of settings. Maybe someone else had this issue and fixed it, or just knows what I am doing wrong. :)

Thanks!

hi all,
Here it is... I have a hp Probook 4530s. I have a working lion install that i used to run unibeast from. I have the official ML .app file in my applications folder. Unibeast runs successfully when installing to my USB drive. When I boot from it, however, it goes to the boot loader ok, but as soon as I tell it to boot, the white apple screen flashes, and the computer reboots. I have tried booting with flags -x -f -v, -x -v, -f -v, and -x -f to no avail. same result each time. I am fairly certain my bios settings are correct, as lion boots ok. I even tried using chameleon on my HD to boot the USB drive, but it gave me the same result. Is my .app corrupt? or am i installing something wrong? Also, I re-formatted and re-installed UniBeast multiple times, trying different combinations of settings. Maybe someone else had this issue and fixed it, or just knows what I am doing wrong. :)

Thanks!

Exactly the same problem with 4530s and Unibeast 1.5.2. Downloaded Mountain Lion from AppStore, checked laptop in Unibieast settings (later USB Legacy Support too but same thing).

UEFI boot mode was disabled, switchable graphics too.

First I installed Win7 and problem appeared. Deleted whole drive and tried again, same problem. Tried each and every recommended flag and BIOS setting, downgraded from F27 to F20 and problem remains.

Model is A6E22EA

i5 2450M
4GB RAM
640GB HDD
6490M
Atheros WiFi

EDIT: We're not alone. http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/63239-problems-creating-usb-flash-drive-installer.html

Just bought a HP Probook 4530s (i5, 4 GB Ram, 640 GB HDD) which I will recieve in two days.

As soon as I recieve it I will try out your, iOSBeast, installation and give as much feedback as possible.

Mind you, this will be my first Hackintosh (and my first "Macintosh" for that matter). I'm hoping it will be a fairly pain-free experience, thats why I bought the 4530s... maybe im naive :)

Just bought a HP Probook 4530s (i5, 4 GB Ram, 640 GB HDD) which I will recieve in two days.

As soon as I recieve it I will try out your, iOSBeast, installation and give as much feedback as possible.

Mind you, this will be my first Hackintosh (and my first "Macintosh" for that matter). I'm hoping it will be a fairly pain-free experience, thats why I bought the 4530s... maybe I'm naive :)
I am probably going the Hack-Book route rather than heavily overpriced, outdated, underpowered computers. (Apple) It will be my 1st OS X PC. I might try your way, iOSBeast, if I get one. (Gotta save my money for about a month of allowances.) The laptop would be the same model tonymacx86 used.(i3 2.1GHz, 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM) (He has a link on his ProBook blog post.) I'd need $399.99 or $408.57 to get it off of Amazon.

Im super new to all of this. could you tell me how and where do I install that? I extracted it and put it in system / library / extensions and it said that it was not installed correctly.

Well you cannot just put it in there you need to use Kextbeast or similar to install kext's.
--JRII

hi all,

Thanks!

has anyone solved the Problem? with Unibeast 1.5.3 i still have the problem. Since 2 Weeks i would install Mountain Lion on my Probook 4530S -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back