Contribute
Register

HP Probook 450 G1 - OSX Mavericks Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of above could be DSDT/SSDT issues. Perhaps an SSDT you're dropping is required. If you post your native files (Clover F4 dump) and ioreg, I'll look.

I wasn't 100% sure what Clover F4 dump is but I assume you hit F4 on boot and it creates files? So I zipped up everything in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin that had a time stamp matching my boot time. Let me know if I missed anything...

Also not familiar with ioreg. Google pointed me to ioRegExplorer for XCode I used that method to create an .ioreg file. Just curious is this different information than running the ioreg command line program or is it the same just nicer to navigate?

I also included my Clover config file and DSDT/SSDT from /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched just in case those are helpful.

Have you tried alternate framebuffer 0xa260005?

Does that mean use 0x0a260005 in Clover's ig-platform-id instead of 0x0a260006?

EDIT: Just tired the above and it did not work. Same outcome where you plug in the HDMI and the system freezes and when you unplug it cuts power.

I recall in the past I tried this AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext and it did not work.

The delay for sleep in Mavericks appears to be intentional, not a bug.

Seems kinda strange but I guess not really a big deal. Any guesses as to why they added the delay?

Attachments

• Clover Dump.zip
    60 KB · Views: 75
  • ioreg.ioreg
    3.4 MB · Views: 94
  • config.plist
    3.9 KB · Views: 225
  • DSDT.aml
    60.9 KB · Views: 107
  • SSDT.aml
    1.4 KB · Views: 119
  • ioreg-attempt2.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 90
I wasn't 100% sure what Clover F4 dump is but I assume you hit F4 on boot and it creates files? So I zipped up everything in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin that had a time stamp matching my boot time. Let me know if I missed anything...

You nailed it -- that is a Clover F4 dump.

Also not familiar with ioreg. Google pointed me to ioRegExplorer for XCode I used that method to create an .ioreg file. Just curious is this different information than running the ioreg command line program or is it the same just nicer to navigate?

Your file is corrupt. Wrong version of IORegistryExplorer.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Does that mean use 0x0a260005 in Clover's ig-platform-id instead of 0x0a260006?

Yes.

Will not have an effect if you are injecting via DSDT, however.

Seems kinda strange but I guess not really a big deal. Any guesses as to why they added the delay?

No guesses. I'm not inside the head of the Apple employee that made this decision.

---

Looking at your F4 dump, you can probably safely drop all tables except SSDT-8.aml. It should probably be included. SSDT-0 and SSDT-1 can probably be included as well. The rest are CPU related and should be dropped. Still additional DSDT work/patches/debugging may be necessary.

Has anyone verified that _WAK/_PTS execute from beginning to end? Also would be interesting to instrument all _Qxx and _Lxx methods to be sure they execute from beginning to end, and just to see if something is being run when plugging in HDMI.

You nailed it -- that is a Clover F4 dump.

Your file is corrupt. Wrong version of IORegistryExplorer.

Here is an updated file using the guide you linked.

RehabMan said:
Looking at your F4 dump, you can probably safely drop all tables except SSDT-8.aml. It should probably be included. SSDT-0 and SSDT-1 can probably be included as well. The rest are CPU related and should be dropped. Still additional DSDT work/patches/debugging may be necessary.

In Clover Configurator I have

Drop Tables
SSDT TABLEID CpuPm
SSDT TABLEID Cpu0Ist

If I open SSDT-0.aml I find a
DefinitionBlock ("iASLoBogb6.aml", "SSDT", 1, "HPQOEM", "PtidDevc", 0x00001000)

Does this mean I open each SSDT-*.aml file locate the DefinitionBlock sections and use the 5th argument ("PtidDevc" in this example) and add an entry to my Drop Tables in Clover Configurator for each SSDT-X.aml?

If this correct is there an inverted way to do this? ie drop all tables except TABLEID XXXXX?

Lastly, can you give me some insight in how you are able to determine what information to drop and keep? Are there any guides/books/resources that demystify all this DSDT/SSDT stuff? I really value the support you and other folks here offer but it'd be nice to be able to learn how to do some of this on my own and perhaps even contribute back to the community.

Thanks again for all your help!

Attachments

• ioreg-attempt2.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
Here is an updated file using the guide you linked.

In Clover Configurator I have

Drop Tables
SSDT TABLEID CpuPm
SSDT TABLEID Cpu0Ist

It is working ok. All the tables I metnioned seem to be dropped. Somewhat surprised as ApCst is one of your tables (does not match what you show there). However you have a custom SSDT and are using Clover to Generate too. I think it is best to pick one or the other (although I'm experimenting with this same configuration, just as a test, on my u430). It probably won't help with your sleep/hmdi issues.

If I open SSDT-0.aml I find a
DefinitionBlock ("iASLoBogb6.aml", "SSDT", 1, "HPQOEM", "PtidDevc", 0x00001000)

Does this mean I open each SSDT-*.aml file locate the DefinitionBlock sections and use the 5th argument ("PtidDevc" in this example) and add an entry to my Drop Tables in Clover Configurator for each SSDT-X.aml?

If you wanted to drop those, that's one way to do it. You can also drop everything, then include the files you want in ACPI/patched.

Lastly, can you give me some insight in how you are able to determine what information to drop and keep? Are there any guides/books/resources that demystify all this DSDT/SSDT stuff? I really value the support you and other folks here offer but it'd be nice to be able to learn how to do some of this on my own and perhaps even contribute back to the community.

School of hard knocks and educated guesses...

There is the 1000 page ACPI spec: http://acpi.info/spec.htm

I would start instrumenting various methods in DSDT with ACPIDebug. It can be useful to see what is executing and whether they complete beginning to end.

Please answer my question. I want to try install os x today. Thanks.

So i must format all of my HDD?

Disks are not formatted. Disks are partitioned. Partitions are formatted to create volumes.

Unless you're an expert, you will need to repartition your entire drive and reinstall Windows after you have OS X installed.

Disks are not formatted. Disks are partitioned. Partitions are formatted to create volumes.

Unless you're an expert, you will need to repartition your entire drive and reinstall Windows after you have OS X installed.

Okey thank you so much. I will repartiotion my disk and instal OS X. If a Mavericks will be running good i don't need install windows.

And mavericks on hp probook 450 g1 works fine ? Or has he any lags ? freezes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back