Contribute
Register

HP Probook 450 G1 - OSX Mavericks Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any alternative for windows ? Mavericks was experiment which I want use as my primary system but i need my laptop in school so i must get back windows 8. In windows i use this for wifi and everything is working Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter.I wrote in last post i want use hackintosh and delete windows forever :)

You need to find out the vendor and device-id. It is unlikely to be supported on OS X.

See here for compatible cards and procedures for making them work on OS X: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

You need to find out the vendor and device-id. It is unlikely to be supported on OS X.

See here for compatible cards and procedures for making them work on OS X: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

I found this Ven is probably Vendor and DEV is problably Device ID

Device PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_18E3103C&REV_01\4&290822bb&0&00E6 was configured.

Driver Name: null
Class GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Driver Date:
Driver Version:
Driver Provider:
Driver Section:
Driver Rank: 0x0
Matching Device ID:
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: false

I found this Ven is probably Vendor and DEV is problably Device ID

Device PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_18E3103C&REV_01\4&290822bb&0&00E6 was configured.

Driver Name: null
Class GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Driver Date:
Driver Version:
Driver Provider:
Driver Section:
Driver Rank: 0x0
Matching Device ID:
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: false

It is not supported.

Okay so I must stay with Windows. Thank you so much :)

Note: It is normal for these machines to have an unsupported WiFi. We simply replace them. Compatible cards can be purchased for under $10.

I have a problem: I've mounted an Atheros ar5b195 and it's working without any additional patches, but it's always looking for available networks even if it's connected to my wifi (every few seconds). The problem is that this slows the computer down noticeably and makes it impossible to do any serious work unless I turn off wifi. Does anyone know about a similar problem and/or a solution?

I have a problem: I've mounted an Atheros ar5b195 and it's working without any additional patches, but it's always looking for available networks even if it's connected to my wifi (every few seconds). The problem is that this slows the computer down noticeably and makes it impossible to do any serious work unless I turn off wifi. Does anyone know about a similar problem and/or a solution?

If you're seeing that when you drop the WiFi menu down, that is how it is supposed to work. When you drop it down, it assumes you might like to connect to a *different* network, therefore it has to scan for available networks.

Rehabman can you post me a link with compatibile wifi card for my model ? But I have a litte differrent configuration. HP Probook 450 G1 (E9Y30EA) Thank you so much.

Hi guys, i've installed Mountain Lion on my desktop PC: motherboard ASUS P5B, cpu Intel core2. ram:3gb.

Now i'm trying to install maverick on a laptop HP probook 450 G1:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4200M
RAM 4GB
Graphics Card: Intel HD 4600

Using the mac OS on my desktop PC, I downloaded "Install Mac OS X Mavericks.app" from the Mac App Store, then i used Unibeast intended for Mavericks.
I set the bios on the laptop, as said by RehabMan in his guide. However, I have a problem. In particular, during the boot from the USB Key, setting the following bootflags "IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0", after 30 seconds the laptop reboot from the start. I tried also variations of the bootflags without success.
BTW, even though I set the "laptop support" option in Unibeast, if I insert the USB on my desktop, the installer runs properly. So the USB seems it is working. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back