Contribute
Register

HP Probook 450 G1 - OSX Mavericks Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did like you Said in other thread about brightness for hp450:

For LCD brightness, apply DSDT patch "Brightness Fix (Haswell)" (this is new today, depends on GFX0->IGPU already done). You will also want to install ACPIBacklight.kext. See: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight.

And did it work or not? If not, post your native DSDT. Don't forget that "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" is necessary *prior* to applying the brightness patch.

Also, some Haswell computers have the GFX0 device defined in an SSDT... some in DSDT. I don't remember where this one has it. But the patch must be applied to the file that has the GFX0 device defined.

Dunno why I was not able to do it last time. Now all works. Sleep and the fn Keys too.

Seems the touchpad is abit more flaky or how to sat it? Maybe normal compared to windowd?

Dunno why I was not able to do it last time. Now all works. Sleep and the fn Keys too.

Seems the touchpad is abit more flaky or how to sat it? Maybe normal compared to windowd?

I don't understand what you mean by "flaky or how to sat it"...

Smooth is a better word for it maybe :)

Working smooth here (different ProBook hardware, obviously). Did you repair permissions, rebuild cache and do EC reset?

There is some parameters that you can tweak, but you'd need to run the debug version to look at the data coming to see if there is something that should be changed.

Rehabman do you have any links or guides about tweaking, finetuning, doing anything about smoothness to the Trackpad ?
Asking cause with newest drivers for trackpad in Windows, its all good and precise.
In Mavericks Trackpad works but its like not as precise. I can get it to run fast, slow, and 2 finger scrolling is working awesome, but for instance if I move finger in circles it goes slightly upwards instead of staying put on screen and moving cursor in circles.

Does above give any meaning?

Rehabman do you have any links or guides about tweaking, finetuning, doing anything about smoothness to the Trackpad ?
Asking cause with newest drivers for trackpad in Windows, its all good and precise.
In Mavericks Trackpad works but its like not as precise. I can get it to run fast, slow, and 2 finger scrolling is working awesome, but for instance if I move finger in circles it goes slightly upwards instead of staying put on screen and moving cursor in circles.

Does above give any meaning?

I can't reproduce that problem here.

I got my 450G1 with i3 4000M with integrated HD4600. I replaced the Wireless Card with ar9280 and tested in Windows. It worked nicely.
Followed Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

and I did a generic install successfully until Step #12. So far so good. Basic things - Kbd, TrackPad, Wireless N worked.

After that I installed the recommended HP ProBook Install followed until Step 15. Download latest Clover.
Rebooted and All I can see is a Blank screen after I select Mac OSX boot <my target drive>.

I booted again with EFI->Boot->OSX <from my target drive> all the basic things works fine. Should I continue with Step #16 through 19?
Let me know if you want me to post any config files and let me know the directories they will be in.

I think for your HP Probook 450G1, the install with Clover will be like this:
1. Step 1 to 10 in http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

2. Clover bootloader screen shows up, press F4 (to dump DSDT, SSDT...), then select "Boot OS X from YourPartition".

3. Step 12 to 15

4. Clover installer will automatically mount your EFI partition and copy Clover bootloader files there. Go to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin/ (of your Clover USB) , copy all DSDT.aml and SSDT*.aml to DSDT folder on desktop. Download latest iasl here, copy iasl into the same folder. Open terminal and type this:
Code:
cd ~/Desktop/DSDT/
./iasl -da *.aml

5. Download MacIASL, go to Preferences > Sources, add those respority to MacIASL:
HP Probook: http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/master
Laptop patches: http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master

Then use MacIASL to open DSDT.dsl from DSDT folder in desktop, click Patch and select these patches, click apply for each:

[1.2] Probook 4x40s IvyBridge
[3.3] Fan and Temps (reading only)
[2.10] Brightness fix (Haswell)

Copy the content of these patches then apply:
For 1366x768:
Code:
into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\(_SB_\.ISCT\) remove_matched;

into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;

into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x06, 0x00, 0x26, 0x0a },\n
        "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;
For 1600x900+:
Code:
into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\(_SB_\.ISCT\) remove_matched;

into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;

into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x06, 0x00, 0x26, 0x0a },\n
        "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
        "AAPL00,DualLink", Buffer() { 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;
Change your DSDT header as follows
From: DefinitionBlock ("dsdt.aml", "DSDT", 2, "HPQOEM", "1942 ", 0x00000001)
To: DefinitionBlock ("dsdt.aml", "DSDT", 2, "HPQOEM", "179C ", 0x00000001)

Click Compile to check if there is no error, save the file with format ACPI Machine Language Binary to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml (of EFI Partition).

6. Copy /Extra/SSDT.aml (You have to select SSDT-Generator in PBI) to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ (of EFI Partition).

7. [FOR AMD GRAPHICS ONLY] Use MacIASL to open ssdt-6.dsl (You can see "AMDSGTBL" in Definition Block), click Patch and select
[5.1] Call _OFF from _INI

Apply, click Compile to check if there is no error, save the file with format ACPI Machine Language Binary to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT-1.aml (of EFI Partition).

8. [FOR AMD GRAPHICS ONLY] Copy SSDT5.aml (You can see "SaSSDT" in Definition Block) in ~/Desktop/DSDT/ to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ (of EFI Partition), rename it to SSDT-2.aml.

9. Remove GenericUSBXHCI kext from system/library/extensions

10. Copy config.plist from USB to /EFI/Clover/.
Copy HFSPlus.efi and HPFanReset.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ from your USB to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ in EFI partition, remove VBoxHfs-64.efi

11. Use Clover Configurator here: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/49-clover-configurator/ to edit some values in your config.plist:
- ACPI > Drop tables: Remove two SSDT items.
- ACPI > DropOEM: check, GeneratePStates/CStates: uncheck
- Gui > Theme: set your theme name
- SMBIOS: create your new SMBIOS with random Serial Number

12. Recheck if config.plist, dsdt.aml, ssdt.aml, ssdt-1.aml, ssdt-2.aml are placed correctly in EFI partition of internal drive.

13. Restart, you should see Clover screen and option to boot to Mavericks. Enjoy!

14. If you have trouble after sleep, open config.plist with CC, go to Kernel and Kext Patches and add these to Kexts to Patch:
Name: AppleUSBXHCI
Find: C680C800000001
Replace: C680C800000000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back