Graphics
HD 4000
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
having some experience with probooks and the legacy/ chameleon boot method for some years now, i was searching the web for info about the clover method and its config.plist but id did not gave me some straightforward answer yet.. so i will just ask it here :

the system was configured as a fresh install using the clover method for probook (at the time with 8 gb ram) and everything worked perfect as it schould :)

recently after a 16gb ram upgrade and re-running the clover installer (6.4.6) for Hp probook it still runs with no problems at all, but i do not notice a big difference yet in ram usage by the system running the Ram-heavy apps)

- is it necessary/more efficient after a ram upgrade to re-patch/replace the config.plist using clover efi method? (like replacing the SSDT en DSDT using the legacy/ chameleon method after a hardware change)

thanks in advance

having some experience with probooks and the legacy/ chameleon boot method for some years now, i was searching the web for info about the clover method and its config.plist but id did not gave me some straightforward answer yet.. so i will just ask it here :

the system was configured as a fresh install using the clover method for probook (at the time with 8 gb ram) and everything worked perfect as it schould :)

recently after a 16gb ram upgrade and re-running the clover installer (6.4.6) for Hp probook it still runs with no problems at all, but i do not notice a big difference yet in ram usage by the system running the Ram-heavy apps)

- is it necessary/more efficient after a ram upgrade to re-patch/replace the config.plist using clover efi method? (like replacing the SSDT en DSDT using the legacy/ chameleon method after a hardware change)

thanks in advance

Moved to correct forum.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-hp-elitebook-probook-others-clover-uefi.html

You need to re-extract/re-patch DSDT after BIOS upgrade, or any hardware change.

Hi Rehabman,

thanks for answering

your guides are very helpfull thanks for that :)

nevertheless there some things unclear for me :

- i did not realize that the clover /EFI method uses a DSDT as well...where is it located?

- since i am using a 4740s (high res screen) i assume that deleting the config.plist file first ,will prevent the system to boot and not reaching to the desktop (i can remember running in a similar issue last year using the Legacy boot chameleon method with high res screen deleting the DSDT file to repatch after upgrade )
so in terms of better save than sorry, i just re-run the probook installer .. will this do the job and overwrite the existing config.plist using the clover method?

p.s. the system does not run 10.11 El Capitan .. due to incompatible software with 10.10 and up i chose to stick with my perfectly working 10.9.5 mavericks :)

Hi Rehabman,

thanks for answering

your guides are very helpfull thanks for that :)

nevertheless there some things unclear for me :

- i did not realize that the clover /EFI method uses a DSDT as well...where is it located?

ACPI patching is covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

It includes details on where Clover expects patched ACPI files.

It is also described the Clover wiki, linked from the guide.

- since i am using a 4740s (high res screen) i assume that deleting the config.plist file first ,will prevent the system to boot and not reaching to the desktop (i can remember running in a similar issue last year using the Legacy boot chameleon method with high res screen deleting the DSDT file to repatch after upgrade )
so in terms of better save than sorry, i just re-run the probook installer .. will this do the job and overwrite the existing config.plist using the clover method?

Config.plist files for common configurations are linked from the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

You should never expect to boot OS X without a proper config.plist that matches your hardware.

p.s. the system does not run 10.11 El Capitan .. due to incompatible software with 10.10 and up i chose to stick with my perfectly working 10.9.5 mavericks :)

If you follow the guide, your 4740s should work just fine with 10.11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back