CPU
Intel Core i3
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok ladies and gents - I haven't seen much on the interwebs in regards to this model's compatibility, so I figured I'd start up a new one.

Disclaimer - I am somewhat new to Hackintoshing, but am a 15 year I.T. professional (Windows). I am writing this on the above listed machine that I HT'd (OS X ML 10.8.2) 2 weeks ago, and it works like a champ with a few exceptions listed below.

My Specs:
Processor: Core i3
RAM: 6 - DDR3
HD: 1 TB SATA
Display: Intel HD Graphics - 2 GB
Audio: Intel High Definition Audio
Network: Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
WiFi: Ralink RT 5390 BGN

So after many trials/errors/curse words trying to get my audio to work (had sound, just couldn't control the levels), using my phone as a WiFi adapter (because I couldn't figure out the whole kext thing initially, nor find one specific to my adapter), my DVD player not working, flickering video playback on youtube - I had pretty much given up. However, I don't quit easily, so I am going to attempt to do all this fresh using Mavericks with the latest Unibeast and Multibeast. I've got installing down to a science now, so I can make it that far. However, I can't seem to make any progress on getting the right kexts for 10.8.2 so, hopefully, Mavericks will treat me a bit better as well as updated U/M Beasts.

That being said - I am going to line by line my install after I complete it (which I am going to start as soon as I'm done typing this). If anyone has any experience with a similar model, or hardware, please toss any suggestions you have my way. I'm hoping I will get really lucky and most things will fire up OOTB - but I highly friggin' doubt it...lol.

I'll keep you guys posted!

JB

First Try - Swing and a miss!

Alrighty - that did not go well. I booted into Unibeast and only managed to get the grey Apple logo. Did a -v and saw that I was getting a KP (APCI or ACPI - can't recall at the moment). Tried various boot flags (-f, CPU=1, etc.) to no avail. I'm off today so I will research the KP and test drive some more. If anyone has any ideas i'm all ears! I will post back as soon as I get the thing booted up.

JB

Second Try - Swing and a miss...

The error was "Local APIC error, ESR:64..."... "181000 failed". From what I can gather after 2 hours of reading it has something to do with my graphics. I experienced this when I installed 10.8.2 - but only AFTER the install. This time, I obviously can't even get to the installer due to this issue. I have tried every combination of boot flags I can muster with no results. PCIRootUID=1, -x, -f, UseKernelCache=Yes, etc. The one I found that seems to be a must is cpus=1. That at least "almost" gets me to boot up the installer. I also came across an article that told me to put acpi=off to disable Apple CPU Power Management - but I still get the same error, even with this flag. Getting frustrated!

Any updates for your G7? I don't know if it's the same one I've got, mine is a G7-2247us, specs match yours though... I am trying to do the same thing, but I'd like to know if I'd be wasting my time.

First Try - Swing and a miss!

Alrighty - that did not go well. I booted into Unibeast and only managed to get the grey Apple logo. Did a -v and saw that I was getting a KP (APCI or ACPI - can't recall at the moment). Tried various boot flags (-f, CPU=1, etc.) to no avail. I'm off today so I will research the KP and test drive some more. If anyone has any ideas i'm all ears! I will post back as soon as I get the thing booted up.

JB

Second Try - Swing and a miss...

The error was "Local APIC error, ESR:64..."... "181000 failed". From what I can gather after 2 hours of reading it has something to do with my graphics. I experienced this when I installed 10.8.2 - but only AFTER the install. This time, I obviously can't even get to the installer due to this issue. I have tried every combination of boot flags I can muster with no results. PCIRootUID=1, -x, -f, UseKernelCache=Yes, etc. The one I found that seems to be a must is cpus=1. That at least "almost" gets me to boot up the installer. I also came across an article that told me to put acpi=off to disable Apple CPU Power Management - but I still get the same error, even with this flag. Getting frustrated!

For lapic panic you need the KernelPatcher from Chameleon (or use cpus=1 as a temporary workaround).

What is the error you're getting using cpus=1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back