Contribute
Register

HP Pavilion G6 1205sq

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by "plan on including all SSDT's"? Should i open each file and Save as "ACPI Machine Language Binary"?

Do i need to fix errors/patch anything?

Yes/Yes.

If if try to compile the files (1DSDT and 7 SSDT's) with no patch applied, i get 2 errors:
@ SSDT-1.dsl -> 193, 4096, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_PACKAGE and
@ SSDT-6.dsl -> 299, 4096, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0

There are patches in the repo for both of these common problems...

For both 4096 errors (one for SSDT-1.dsl=PARSEOP_PACKAGE and one or SSDT-6.dsl=PARSEOP_ARG0) I tried:
[syn] PARSEOP_STORE/MMTB/HRPR Error->nothing to Apply
[syn] PARSEOP_ZERO Error->nothing to Apply

Wich patch should i use?

Edit: For PARSEOP_PACKAGE Error i just deleted the fields with 0's and that fix it. It's ok?
Still no luck with PARSEOP_ARG0

Last edited:
For both 4096 errors (one for SSDT-1.dsl=PARSEOP_PACKAGE and one or SSDT-6.dsl=PARSEOP_ARG0) I tried:
[syn] PARSEOP_STORE/MMTB/HRPR Error->nothing to Apply
[syn] PARSEOP_ZERO Error->nothing to Apply

Wich patch should i use?

Edit: For PARSEOP_PACKAGE Error i just deleted the fields with 0's and that fix it. It's ok?
Still no luck with PARSEOP_ARG0

SSDT-1: "Remove _PSS placeholders"
SSDT-6: "Cleanup/Fix Errors [SSDT]"

SSDT-1: "Remove _PSS placeholders"
SSDT-6: "Cleanup/Fix Errors [SSDT]"

Done! Thank you. Should i make further patches to DSDT and SSDT's or go straight to 'Saving files for loading by the boot loader​'? (When i open the *.dsl flies and save them as 'ACPI Machine Language Binary', should i apply .aml? Because if i just save them as 'ACPI Machine ...' there is no extension)

Done! Thank you. Should i make further patches to DSDT and SSDT's or go straight to 'Saving files for loading by the boot loader​'? (When i open the *.dsl flies and save them as 'ACPI Machine Language Binary', should i apply .aml? Because if i just save them as 'ACPI Machine ...' there is no extension)

No sense in putting unpatched ACPI files in ACPI/patched.

The only reason to do any of this is to change them...

As for the extensions, they need to have AML extensions. The Finder may be playing tricks on you... Check your settings in Finder->Preferences.

No sense in putting unpatched ACPI files in ACPI/patched.

The only reason to do any of this is to change them...

I need your help all the way in this... I know my lack of knowledge in those kind of things, so i need your indications. I saw in the Laptop Guide a list of common patches, but i cannot know which ones should i use for my laptop, and also to which *.aml file to apply. I noticed this "Fix _WAK Arg0 v2" ... which i suppose is for some wake/sleep issues, but i'm not sure :think:

As for the extensions, they need to have AML extensions. The Finder may be playing tricks on you... Check your settings in Finder->Preferences.

You were wright about the Finder->Preferences. Thank you.

I need your help all the way in this... I know my lack of knowledge in those kind of things, so i need your indications. I saw in the Laptop Guide a list of common patches, but i cannot know which ones should i use for my laptop, and also to which *.aml file to apply. I noticed this "Fix _WAK Arg0 v2" ... which i suppose is for some wake/sleep issues, but i'm not sure :think:

Apply all common patches as recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back