Contribute
Register

HP Pavilion G6 1205sq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use a plist editor such as Xcode to change the Name from 'disabled:IOGraphicsFamily' to 'IOGraphicsFamily'.

I copy the
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]<dict>[/COLOR]				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Boot graphics glitch, 10.10.2/10.10.3</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>disabled:IOGraphicsFamily</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>QYjE6xE=</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>QYjE6zE=</data> [COLOR=#000000]   </dict>[/COLOR]
and paste it into my confit.plist with Xcode in Version Editor. I attached a pic. It's ok?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 00.09.49.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 00.09.49.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 91
I copy the
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]<dict>[/COLOR]				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Boot graphics glitch, 10.10.2/10.10.3</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>disabled:IOGraphicsFamily</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>QYjE6xE=</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>QYjE6zE=</data> [COLOR=#000000]   </dict>[/COLOR]
and paste it into my confit.plist with Xcode in Version Editor. I attached a pic. It's ok?

It is wrong. Follow the instructions from my previous post.

It is wrong. Follow the instructions from my previous post.

Made it! I opened config_HD3000_1366x768.plist with Xcode, the go to View/Version Editor/Show Version Editor -> Search (alt+f) for 'glitch', then delete 'disabled' from 'disabled:IOGraphicsFamily' ->Save

First i did't know how to use Xcode to have access to the command lines - like i have with View/Version Editor/View Version Editor, then i didn't realise why my LocalHDD EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with is basically the same file with config_HD3000_1366x768.plist downloaded and renamed as confit.plist does not contain the glitch patch. It was't there... anyway, please excuse me, but it's my first time ever to even see thoes kind of settings/patces/etc. It is my 3rd Mackintosh but with my first two i used only Unibeast/Multibeast and everything worked OOB. I don't have the knowledge in patching/editing, but with a lot of help and patience from you...i managed to make this laptop a pretty good hackintosh. My english also may have been an issue, but please forgive my lack of...things.

Thank you RehabMan!

I'll try the battery patch, which is the last patch i need. Seems to me that i have kinda same configuration with Pavilion G6 2231tx (which has a i3 cpu, when mine has a i5 one the rest in pretty much the same) which is listed in [bat] HP G6 2221s patch for DSDT. Do you think is ok to use that, or do i should patch my own one?

Made it! I opened config_HD3000_1366x768.plist with Xcode, the go to View/Version Editor/Show Version Editor -> Search (alt+f) for 'glitch', then delete 'disabled' from 'disabled:IOGraphicsFamily' ->Save

You can simply edit it from the plist editor in Xcode. No need to use "Version Editor".

I'll try the battery patch, which is the last patch i need. Seems to me that i have kinda same configuration with Pavilion G6 2231tx (which has a i3 cpu, when mine has a i5 one the rest in pretty much the same) which is listed in [bat] HP G6 2221s patch for DSDT. Do you think is ok to use that, or do i should patch my own one?

There is no pattern of which ones work on which models. A patch that has a high number of changes and creates a DSDT which still compiles is a more likely match.

If you have an understanding of which things need to be changed (read the guide), you can examine the DSDT after applying a patch to see if it fixed all referenced EC registers larger than 8-bit.

There is no pattern of which ones work on which models. A patch that has a high number of changes and creates a DSDT which still compiles is a more likely match.

If you have an understanding of which things need to be changed (read the guide), you can examine the DSDT after applying a patch to see if it fixed all referenced EC registers larger than 8-bit.

Done! Applied [bat] HP G5 2221s, then fixed myself 3-4 references, compiled without errors and save. Rebooted, then went into System Preferences/Energy Saver/'Show battery status in menu bar'.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 02.29.56.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 02.29.56.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 02.30.17.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 02.30.17.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 103
Do you think that is ok to make a tutorial of my installation, or simply leave it to this thread for others?

Done! Applied [bat] HP G5 2221s, then fixed myself 3-4 references, compiled without errors and save. Rebooted, then went into System Preferences/Energy Saver/'Show battery status in menu bar'.

I applied the "G6 2221s" patch to the DSDT in post #127. There were no additional references to fix.

I added a comment indicating the support for your laptop.

Do you think that is ok to make a tutorial of my installation, or simply leave it to this thread for others?

Best to write a step-by-step tutorial with all details, referring back to this thread as a "development thread".

I added a comment indicating the support for your laptop.

Thank you!

Best to write a step-by-step tutorial with all details, referring back to this thread as a "development thread".

I'll try my best in a couple of days to make it as good as i can.

Can't thank you enough RehabMan for all the support i received from you on this hackinstosh! Thank you! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

When i close the lid of the laptop and reopen, it restarts. I think is a sleep/wake issue.
Can i get a little help on this, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back